• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Minimum education.

PsychoticMuse

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I never graduated highschool and i had thought i had completed enough credits to have my grade ten. I am not sure.(sitting at 14 credits total) i have been out of school ten years..... How important is that grade ten?

If i can prove capibility on the CFAT and physically? I didnt see anything on this in the forum. (on mobile and still learning the system.)

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Grade ten is the minimum. You have to have it. Considering that most applicants have finished high school and a number have finished University or college, my suggestion would be to get your GED at the very least. With a grade ten advanced math credit. They won't even consider your application without the grade 10. This is my understanding, however, your best bet is to go talk to a recruiter.

From the CAF website

To apply to the Forces you must have passed Grade 10 or Secondaire IV (in Quebec). However, a number of the jobs available require high school diplomas, college certificates, or university degrees.

The Forces will consider applicants who have passed a General Education Development (GED) test. However, applicants from Quebec who have a GED must also have the necessary credits from Secondaire IV.

Adults who have not completed high school can submit an Attestation of Secondary School Equivalency, but it is not considered equivalent to a high school diploma.

If you have been home-schooled, you will need to provide proof from your home province’s educational authority that your marks have been assessed and meet their standards.

If you attended and graduated high-school, college or university in another country, you may need to have your education evaluated by the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada to determine if it is equivalent to the education provided in Canada. The Forces will not pay for the cost of the evaluation.

If you have completed college or university, or have skilled work experience, you may qualify to have your military and occupational training reduced. In these cases, the Forces will complete a Prior Learning Assessment.

Back