• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Minor Credit issue and question

BCstangWA

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, so I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this and got in ok. So basically what happened was I was told during my background check that their was a problem with my credit- some past due payments accounting to about 3600$. I was completely unaware of this untill the captain told me.. which was upsetting because it hurts me deep down that I had to find out about it this way.
What happened with the loan is basically I got into a bad car loan, where their was problem with the transmission it ended up breaking down on me on the highway, and it has to go in for repairs. I originally was told that if any problems occurred that it would be taken care of no problem" as they told me. Also on my statement it said it had a warranty on it. Turns out.. when it came down to it and their was a real problem and no sweet words to make me buy the car.. the dealership totally refused to fix it and even ignored me.. didn't even care! In any case my folks told me to return the car and it would affect my credit a bit, but I wouldn't be responsible for the payments if it gets collected by collections after I explained the story to them. TURNS OUT collections never collected the car because if the repair bill.. which no one ever told me... And the load has been open since November... God.. I am so upset. Anyways the captain told me and he sent me this email. He sounded really nice on the phone, / by emails. I am just worried that they might be upset with me or even u trustworthy with me even after its settled with the explaining and the proof they want. Anyways the email said this
Mr.

The results of your credit check have been received unfavourable.

If you would like to retain your application with the CAF, you must provide the following information before 25 June 2017.

1.      A letter explaining the circumstances:

a.      How you got yourself in debt, and

b.      How you will avoid such occurrence in the future.

2.      Evidence of settlement:

a.      Proof of payment in full, or

b.      Proof of consolidation, or

c.      Proof of established payment plan.

The information above is required for the following credit issue:

·        APR 2017 – BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA REPORTS ACCOUNT PAST DUE $3661. 4 MONTHS IN ARREARS. DATE OF LAST ACTIVITY SEP 2016.

You may email, fax or drop off the required information at the recruiting center in

New Westminster.

If you have any questions please call and leave a detailed message. I will return your call as soon as possible. Please be patient and concise.

Sincerely yours,

Capt,

So that's the email. The captain seemed really nice and understanding about it. I was just wondering cause it's bothering me deep down like. Even after I give the explaining and the payment proof and story of everything. Do you think they will think differently about me/can this affect me more? Thanks guys. Does anyone have any experience with something like this? Thanks guys sorry if this is a stupid question also.. :cdn: :warstory: :salute:

Contact the bank and make a payment plan.
Contact the people who took possession of the car from you.  Find out why they never reported it as forfeited.

In any case, as long as the loan is still open you are responsible for the payments.  Once you have it all figured out, you can ask for your payments back from the dealership.  It'll be tough but you can try.

The fact of the matter is, the bank loaned YOU the money.  You're responsible for making the payments and notifying them of any change.

Good luck.

thanks yeah everything was fine got it sorted out and offered 2 positions. thanks for the help everyone

Back