• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MOC's that can remuster to FE

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day

Can someone tell me what MOC's can remuster to FE, I am AVS in cool pool now, and still new but looking to the future...ive heard different answers from different people.  "Only AVN's can do that" "Any 500 series can do that" etc etc.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

And what level do you need? Level A, POM???

Cheers

AVN only with A levels

They just had a recruiting breif here and thats what the poster said

There is a time requirement as well, if memory serves it's something like 6 years in the trade, but I may well be mistaken.  As CDN Aviator mentioned there have been recruiting briefs to try to steer people into the trade.  A few AVN techs  had successful applications without the required time in trade, they had to apply for a waiver.  I'm not sure who the approving authority is for the waiver.

I've heard rumours in the past about opening the trade up to AVS, but nothing concrete has come of that yet.

As of right now, the only way for an AVS Tech to get into the FE trade is to be in a squadron with an FE Lead.  The FE Lead must give you a waver in order to apply to the trade.  I know this because I too am an AVS Tech (CRS back ground) and have been offered the waver by my Sqn FE Lead.  Also my FE friend in my Sqn OTF has told me that they are currently developing an FE course for AVS Techs in Trenton, but who knows how long that will take.

So if you are in Cold Lake, it will most likely be hard to get in until they officially open the trade to us.

I'd not heard that piece of info before.  That will be good news for a few AVS types.

What fleet are you on FraggleTech?  We had an AVS tech look into the FE route last year, but he never made any progress.  His background is strictly AVS, he didn't go blue until after the amalgamation. 

CC115 but posted this summer.  They're not offering it to everyone but it will help if you have a lot of time on an airframe, A level Power Distribution and AVN A, B & AB checks, Plus AVN PI signatures.
My squadron is very small and very busy, so AVS Techs help out on engine and prop changes all the time.  There are times when it is just AVS Techs removing props with the A Level AVN coming over during the critical junctures.
If you would like the name of the FE developing the course I can IM it to you, I don't feel comfortable posting his name.

That makes sense, we don't have the AVN/AVS cross-training situation you folks have. 

Thanks for the offer with the FE's name, but that's ok....  I was just interested to see the circumstances that were involved with your situation.

Good luck if you go through with the FE application.

As of today only AVN Techs can remuster to FE. AVS Techs who used to be IE Techs who met the time requirements as an IE Tech can also OT to FE.
There are no waivers for AVS Techs to OT. The FE Ldr cannot grant a waiver , time waivers are the only waivers being considered by the occupation.

We are currently currently completing the AVS training delta analysis for consideration of AVS Techs to OT. With luck this will be completed by Jun and presented to AF Trng for review and recommendations.

The Wing you are posted at makes no difference when you wish to OT, nor does being from a Wing that has FEs there make you a better choice.

FYI, I am the Senior Occupational Adviser for the FE trade.

You can DE (direct entry) to FE if you were a qualified AVN tech before you got out and can show some kind of 'currency' in aviation. There are a couple who have done it (i'm in the process, waiting for the last okey dokey from Ottawa) ie being completely routed through the recruiting centre as an FE. When I went in, they weren't sure what to do with me because the arrangement had been made between the AI&LT Chief and the FE CM. They processed me as an AVN and changed it to FE as soon as I was found 'suitable' for re-enrollment.

Back