• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

month long ex in Shilo

atticus

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm going on the month long field ex that PPCLI does every year. This will be my longest time in the field (i just finished BIQ a little while ago), what type of things should I purchase that will make the time easier (I know i need some good leather gloves and a stealth suite would be good)? And where can I get this stuff in the Edmonton area?

why is your first question about how you can throw money away? Here's a crazy idea: why not try out the free stuff that you've been issued first? You may just find out that you have everything you need.

paracowboy said:
why is your first question about how you can throw money away? Here's a crazy idea: why not try out the free stuff that you've been issued first? You may just find out that you have everything you need.

because I don't have any issued gloves, and I've been told I'm not getting issued any before we leave and thats something I know I'll need. I don't mean to go out and buy things like a mag drop bag or something pretty useless. I haven't ever been out in the field other than during training so I don't really know what to expect.

what else are you missing? When do you leave? Are you on Base now?

No I'm out of the city right now and I'm told were leaving wednesday. The only thing I'm really missing are the gloves. I do have those wool green ones however.

how long have you known about this? Go to MEC. Get some warm gloves. Go to one of the local Surplus stores and get some leather ones, too. Or Crappy Tire, for that matter. Did you bring this up to your MCpl before you left yesterday?

And check your damn pm box.

When you get in (if you have the time), check out the 2VP Kitshop located in Bldg C 106, right next to the canteen, for some of your shopping needs( Stealth Suits, gloves ect.).  ;D

Back