• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Moore's Story

Yes, Warrior platoon. I should have been more clear in my post, sorry. And haha will do man, I'll let you know how it goes. You'll most likely be here in the blue sector with me when you get here in March so you likely won't be getting cubicles it will be pods.

What would a pod be? Just an open room for everybody? As long as someone can see my sleepy a** and 'motivate' me if I sleep in! ;) I'm working on it though...Hard transition from working the night shifts.

ShadyBrah said:
What would a pod be? Just an open room for everybody? As long as someone can see my sleepy a** and 'motivate' me if I sleep in! ;) I'm working on it though...Hard transition from working the night shifts.

It's a room with 6 personal bedrooms in it and 1 bathroom with 2 showers, 1 toilet and 3 sinks lol. You'll be forced to wake up at 5 every morning to meet your daily timings so there will never be sleeping in unless it's a weekend when you have to wake up at 7.

ShadyBrah said:
Forced? Sounds.. Intimidating.

Basically you have a platoon of 60 and your daily scheduel is wake up 5:10, breakfast 5:30. If you're not 10 minutes early you're late. You also have to shower and shave each morning because it's mandatory. It will be a swipe of you're caught so really you're waking up at about 4:30 so if you sleep in your whole platoon is going to be banging on your door telling you to hurry your ass up haha.

Sounds like a blast haha. I cant believe how fast you went through the process. I have my medical march 5th and my recruiter says he is giving me a favourable recommendation which is good im assuming. Still trying to get the girlfriend on board with all this though, so far that's the hardest part. By the time I get to BMQ you'll be in Career training haha.

Well maybe I'll warn my platoon before hand, better safe than sorry. I've been getting the hang of 6:30, so I'm almost there! Lol

ShadyBrah said:
Well maybe I'll warn my platoon before hand, better safe than sorry. I've been getting the hang of 6:30, so I'm almost there! Lol

Haha you'll get used to dragging yourself out of bed at 4:30 believe me. Once you get to friday night you'll love life, and unless you want to waste time and make your bed every morning you don't sleep in your sheets or anything at all until Monday night because linen exchange is on Tuesday's. Instead you take the fire blanket at the end and sleep in it lol.

I heard my alarm at 5:30 today, which is rare! However I went back to bed since I'm coming down with something. I've heard all the tricks for training, can't wait to put them to use! ;) have a good week Private.

Hate to resurrect an old portion of a post, but I definitely know what you mean when you talk about, shall we say, "less than impressive" first impressions.
For a little background, I am 18 years old and live in Alberta and am currently in the process of applying for going in to be a pilot (finished my CFAT, medical, interview) and am just waiting for Aircrew selection. I went for my CFAT appointment in Edmonton, Alberta later last year and all I can remember was how much I was stressing about having every form filled out perfectly, and being 30 minutes early to my appointment,  even dressing to impress (despite no formal guidelines for that particular appointment, as I'm sure you're aware), and so on and so forth.
So I show up and am stressing over this test, and about 45 minutes later I saw another applicant, around my age, waltz in with his camo sweatpants, ratty work boots, and his head shaved, which I assume was his technique for convincing the recruiter to hire him on the spot  :facepalm:
Basically this guy had shown up with none of the required forms to write his CFAT, let alone his ID and I'm at least 60% sure that he was on some kind of substance at the time of arrival... But hey, maybe he was trying to relax for the test I guess? ???
Anyways, luckily for him, the wonderful Cpl. had given him new forms to fill out and allowed him to write the test anyways, and his fate was left in the hands of his own intelligence, even as scary of a thought as that may be ;p
I think it all depends on who you end up dealing with at the recruitment center, some recruiters probably have different policies and levels of magnanimity than others, so I guess you occasionally might get lucky.
As far as your progress is going I would like to congratulate you, I understand how frustrating it can be at times!
Sounds like you are well on your way to a successful and fulfilling career in the Armed Forces.
Hope some day we may cross paths, and all the best wishes to you at BMQ and beyond  :salute:
Cheers

Thanks Jschof!

So I'm finally graduating BMQ this Thursday. I can't believe its already been 3 months, I don't know if time has sped by or been slow. I definitely learned quite a few things being here though and can't wait for Meaford.

Great work man! I leave for BMQ on may 23 finally woo ! (ironically thats my sisters birthday haha) my girlfriend isnt to happy about the whole situation still though.

Voldeen said:
Congrats on the call Moore! I got a call myself.. except they said my medical was flagged for vision... I has given a V4 and got cut from my three trades  :( They asked me if there were any other trades I would be interested in and I asked if Ammo Tech and ACISS were available for V4, they said yes so I applied. Now back on the waiting list for my interview, but the medical I don't have to do again!

Voldeen if you don't mind me asking, which three trades were you disqualified from because of your V4 vision ? My vision is the only part of the medical I'm worried about as well.

Back