• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Moosehead Headed to AFG

HitorMiss said:
RHFC,
You did EARN that beer, but I say it's not the beer it's drinking it with the guys who you shed blood with.

Exactly...  I can sit on my deck here at home and drink an ice cold 24 to myself, but I'd rather have one semi-warm beer with my brothers in the sandbox.

Failing that, I wouldn't mind sitting down for a pinte with the boy's who are back home...  Anytime, anywhere.  (preferably somewhere close to my place, as I'm still having wounds packed daily by home care nurses)

Cheers,

:salute:

In Haiti (2004), It was a dry camp, but we got a few beers anyway. We had to sign for our cans, and got them one by one, had to bring in the empty to get the next one. The first few were Keith's. It ended up to be something like 10 beer/man TOTAL for the whole 5 months. Anyway ,better than nothing.

nowhere_man said:
Well My dad works at Olands (Where Keiths is made (and Schooner ;)) so i'll ask him if he knows anything about if the're going to ship stuff over. Its a great idea to send beer over to the guys and gals.

Since when does Olands make Keith's?  I had no idea.

HitorMiss said:
Quagmire

Sometimes they suspend is the word I think, the rule on drinking for special occasion (IE: Christmas or New Years) so having the suds on hand donated means that the troops wont have to pay for the two beer on that day.

So I guess this means I cant ship a 60 of Crown Royal to some lucky trooper then?

Redeye said:
Since when does Olands make Keith's?  I had no idea.

Actually in Atlantic Canada, Labatts has the rights for all these beers.

clikc here to see: http://www.labatt.com/english/lbc_company/lbc_atlantic.htm

So I guess this means I cant ship a 60 of Crown Royal to some lucky trooper then?
TAYLOR 187  you can ship that 60 of CROWN to me . my first tour in Afghanistan was dry i mean only beer we had was that near beer stuff. now im in the navy we can get beer but i drink rye myself ..sigh .. all that cold beer and no rye in the fridge ...

Taylor187 said:

If only we could! I know of a worthy troop over there who darn near worships the stuff...

Not surprised Moosehead would make this worthy donation to the troops.  That brewery has a long history with the Army.  As a young reservist in Saint John in the 80's, I remember taking part in many competitions where the top teams were royally rewarded by the local Moosehead brewery.

Anyone curious as to why they have this connection with the military can look to http://www.saintjohn.nbcc.nb.ca/Heritage/3far/bios.htm and look about two thirds of the way down the page to get the bio on Brigadier Phillip W. Oland. 

On the brewery's website it says "......Moosehead’s current Chairman and CEO, Derek Oland, continues to lead the organization with the same knowledge and expertise passed down from his father P.W. and his ancestors before......"  I would like to think that the Brigadier would be proud of this decision to donate the beer.

Good on 'em.

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
Your in the navy!

Sigh Yes Yes I Am Now Sigh [look down kick decking .] it only took 17 yrs to get out of the infantry and into a spec pay job . wanted AirCraft Structures Tech  took Hull Tech . ONCE A PATRICIA ALWAYS A PATRICA ... but misplaced in the navy SIGH ...

:(

Back