• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Moral vs Manning

211radop,

I thought you got in when Jesus was a lance cpl. HEHE

This year's CM's brief was also interesting in that he said they promoted 89 to MCpl yet they had to go to number 116 because of medical bipasses.  That means almost 40 pers were medically unfit to receive a promotion last year.  I could hardly believe there was that many Cpls who had medical conditions that would preclude them from getting promoted.  I just wonder how many are permanent med catigories and how many are temp?

Radop said:
211radop,

I thought you got in when Jesus was a lance cpl. HEHE

What happened to the HÈHÈ!!

Don't I rate.

And it was when Centurian was a rank, not a tank. Remember, that's when I said I completed my Rad Op 3's.

HÈHÈ

sorry man.  You can whip me with a wet noodle the next time I come over there.  lol or rdf

I heard a lot of this at the Regiment the last little while, that so many are getting there leaf.  I am one of those that falls into the group that believes there are too many undeserving people getting promoted this year.  There are a lot of Sig's out there that deserve them, but then there is a lot that don't.  I know the whole promote and post attitude is a great army tradition, but seeing at JSR how people can do nothing and others do so much with out any real recognition as to what either has done.  Don't get me wrong most of the MCpls there that I have worked with are great but theres some people getting promoted this year that I would trade for a wet sandwich as a det Cmdr.  Oh well, theres my rant for the night.

I just got the call today, I'm heading to CFB Kingston for March 31st for Sig Op training. I'll find out next week if I'm going to be on Pat Platoon or straight to trade training. I imagine I'll be doing some time on Pat just like most new Sig Ops... I'll just use it to absorb as much as I can and bring myself to a new fitness level if that's the case...

Anyone know the dates of the upcomming courses for Sig Op QL3 that they could PM me?

Thanks,
Joe

C U in Kingston soon...  >:D

Good luck on your 3's and remember to take what ever is thrown at you in stride and know that there is an end point to it all.

steen15 said:
Good luck on your 3's and remember to take what ever is thrown at you in stride and know that there is an end point to it all.

Don't make the mistake of wasting all your money on Princess St, either.....Don't deny yourself some fun, but save some money!

Yeah I kind of expect to have to take some of it in stride. It's Reg Force, not Reserves anymore so it will be different. I'll just try to remember the worst points of my Infantry DP1/QL3 when we go through 'interesting character building' times...  ;)

And I intend to be saving money and paying down debt. Sure I'll have some fun with the boys, but not too much... I'm 25 so I had some fun earlier on.

Thanks again by the way folks for the advice and chitter-chatter over the past couple of months, really helped out. I talked to a few Sigs in the chatroom here in Army.ca and retained some very useful information which helped me make this career decision and helped me out big time in the interview!

R031 Pte Joe said:

And I intend to be saving money and paying down debt. Sure I'll have some fun with the boys, but not too much... I'm 25 so I had some fun earlier on.

Heck, I'm 46 and I'm STILL having "some fun with the boys" - and yes, sometimes "too much".

Life ain't over, young Padawan.  It's just beginning.

Good luck to you - reading your posts, I'm sure you'll do well.

Roy

If you are having any problems with the concepts learned on your 3s, look me up as I have a little experience with this stuff.  (look at my profile)

Radop said:
If you are having any problems with the concepts learned on your 3s, look me up as I have a little experience with this stuff.  (look at my profile)

Thank you very much, I'm sure I could absorb a great deal from your experience, I will definitely keep you in mind. I imagine it gets pretty fast and furious once we get past the "This is how to type... This is Microsoft Office Suite... This is how you make a Spreadsheet!"... Lol.... I'm hoping it does anyway....

Back