• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

movie peacekeepers

riggs

Inactive
Reaction score
Did anyone see the cbc movie called peacekepers about canadians in krasna. It‘s a few years old and I would like to know what people in the army thought of it.

You should check out this french movie about guys in bosnia... its pretty cool they make the media believe that a guy under a mine is ok and rescued while he‘s still lying on top of it...

thats an alright movie specially if u speak french...

That weird looking guy from pinnochio is in it
thats all i know...

I saw it. I wasnt in at the time but I still enjoyed it.

Originally posted by Tpr Lepine:
[qb] You should check out this french movie about guys in bosnia... its pretty cool they make the media believe that a guy under a mine is ok and rescued while he‘s still lying on top of it...

thats an alright movie specially if u speak french...

That weird looking guy from pinnochio is in it
thats all i know... [/qb]
It‘s not a French movie, it‘s made by a Bosnian. Which is the primary language spoken in the movie, but once British HQ and reporters, French peacekeeprs, a German engineer, and Serbs and Bosnians meet, broken english turns into the main for of communication.

The movie is about a Serb and a Bosnian getting stuck in the same trench together between eachother‘s lines, and the peacekeepers find out about it and can no longer sit aside and just watch.

I thought it was a great movie and was nominated for and won a bunch of awards from International Film Festivals

It‘s called No Man‘s Land, and is easily available in Blockbuster

No Mans Land was a good movie and I really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed Peacekeeper thought it was pretty good.

No Man‘s Land...great movie. I thoughly enjoyed it when I could actually understand some of the dialect spoken, mind you it was mostly swearing ;)

Peacekeeper....utter rubbish :rolleyes:
I can‘t see any officer yelling out"I‘m the king of Krasna".

A WO who doesn‘t want to go out on patrol would be sorted out post haste...by his own SSM, not the troop leader.

Chasing suspects THROUGH a minefield....come on! :eek:

Methinks this one is good enough for MM"Fromage" with Ed the Sock :D

images

Regards

I remember seeing the first part of Peacekeepers and really liked it but I had to leave. Does anyone know of a way to get a hold of it?

Nate M, wait till it comes back on TV

Showcase has showed it a few times

I taped "Peace Keepers" when it came on TV, pretty good movie, even with some errors

No Mans Land is pretty good to, although I only saw a bit of it on some french channel, the serbs an croas spoke Serb/Croat, the french spoke french, an the movie had french subtitles, so I had no idea what the h*** what anybody was saying

Dennis Quaid made a movie a few years ago, "Savior." Anyone see that? I don‘t have any experience with Bosnia offhand, but that flic was powerful at times if nothing else. I liked the part where Quaid and Skarsgard were in a hut somewhere in Africa as Legionaires having a conversation while the family huddled nearby just waiting to see what these guys were going to do, the implication was that all the huts in the village had Legionaires resting in each.

Try a flic like that, not perfect but worth the rental.

Originally posted by Nate M:
[qb] I remember seeing the first part of Peacekeepers and really liked it but I had to leave. Does anyone know of a way to get a hold of it? [/qb]
Blockbuster has a garbage bin usually behind.... :D

Regards

I saw Savior when I was in Kosovo - pretty good film, and the interpreters that saw it said it was a pretty tame version on reality. Some couldn‘t watch it, I guess it brought back bad memories.

Yeah, I own Saviour. I thought it was pretty good. Apparantly it is based off a real story told to the director by a mercenary he met in the Balkans.

Tame? Jesus. I have friends who cannot watch that film as they feel it is too "over the top." Events and actions as those that are portrayed are unrealistically violent according to them. I just shake my head.

And yet "Tears of the Sun" is accurate? My favourite moment is after the team boards the Seahawks w/ their charge, Willis has a change of heart and orders the chopper to go back. Uh-huh, I‘m sure the pilot would have been more than happy to do so eh? Whatever, chopper‘s return to the carrier, mission a success. Next.

But if they went back to the carrier it would have been a short movie. I suppose that Bruce Willis could have tried to convince his commander to let him go back in, but the doctor wouldn‘t have been allowed to go back, and if she did the movie would been really unrealistic. For the sake of the plot lets be unaccurate and say that the pilot was really nice and decided to take them all back.

Tame? Jesus. I have friends who cannot watch that film as they feel it is too "over the top." Events and actions as those that are portrayed are unrealistically violent according to them. I just shake my head.
Some of the guys on UNPROFOR on my tour had stories that make the movie tame....

For those intrested I just saw that Peacekeepers is on Showcase at 7pm (depends on your time zone)

Getting my nails done, but thanks for the heads up :D

You can order Peacekeepers from CBC if you are willing to part with $50 bucks :eek:

Back