• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Moving off base (No rations/Quarters) and courses

EpicBeardedMan

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering if I moved off base to live with my fianceé and they ceased taking off my rations and quarters and then I went on course 4 months later do they resume charging you for rations and quarters or only rations?

If your not subject to deductions for R&Q (ie; living in) and then go on course away from your current unit, you would be on TD.  Therefore, you don't pay rations or quarters.

I'm living in shacks but want to move off base with the fiancee, but i have a course in january (combat engineer dp1). So im more wondering if when i move back to base ill have to pay for r&q again while doing my reg force dp1.

EpicBeardedMan said:
So im more wondering if when i move back to base ill have to pay for r&q again while doing my reg force dp1.

If you have moved out, you will not pay R&Q while on DP1.

I can't explain it any simpler.

DAA said:
If your not subject to deductions for R&Q (ie; living in) and then go on course away from your current unit, you would be on TD.  Therefore, you don't pay rations or quarters.

He's posted to GAGETOWN CFSME and thus will not receive TD for his course.......

EpicBeardedMan said:
I'm living in shacks but want to move off base with the fiancee, but i have a course in january (combat engineer dp1). So im more wondering if when i move back to base ill have to pay for r&q again while doing my reg force dp1.

CDN Aviator said:
If you have moved out, you will not pay R&Q while on DP1.

I can't explain it any simpler.

All I can say is that you will be ordered back into the shacks......

NFLD Sapper said:
He's posted to GAGETOWN and thus will not receive TD for his course.......

All I can say is that you will be ordered back into the shacks......

When I did my PLQ, I was posted to Petawawa and ordered into shacks.  We got paid TD from Monday-Friday (less incidentals maybe?) and didn't pay R&Q.

YMMV.  :dunno:

PMedMoe said:
When I did my PLQ, I was posted to Petawawa and ordered into shacks.  We got paid TD from Monday-Friday (less incidentals maybe?) and didn't pay R&Q.

YMMV.  :dunno:

Correction to my last I should have said CFSME vice GAGETOWN...

I've taught many member of Holding Tp on our P.Res DP1 and they did not get TD.....

You do not get TD if your home is in the geographical boundaries of the base you are on course at.  IE, if you live in Barrie and go to Borden on course you do not get TD because you can go home at night.  If you are ordered into shacks you do not pay R&Q.

SGT-RMSCLK said:
You do not get TD if your home is in the geographical boundaries of the base you are on course at.  IE, if you live in Barrie and go to Borden on course you do not get TD because you can go home at night.  If you are ordered into shacks you do not pay R&Q.

Okay, does this require a lease or just a simple show of a month to month contract?

EpicBeardedMan said:
Okay, does this require a lease or just a simple show of a month to month contract?

If you are with Holding Tp, go through you CoC....

SGT-RMSCLK said:

If you are ordered into the shacks and CB, you cannot go home at night.  Do you get incidental?

SupersonicMax said:
If you are ordered into the shacks and CB, you cannot go home at night.  Do you get incidental?

If you live out and the training authority "orders" you to occupy quarters while undergoing training, you receive the incidental allowance and also receive free R&Q.  The TD Instruction or unit training orders must specifically and clearly state that you MUST occupy quarters as part of the training.  If the TD instruction simply states that accommodation is available (ie; allocated a room for what ever reason but not required to occupy full-time) then you get nothing.

See the DGCB Website FAQ.

Okay, my response was backwards.  Incidentals paid when ordered into the shacks.

Back