• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MPAC October 19th/ 2009

My advice is to go see a recruiter or start calling them to find out some information...I went to ask the same thing today (my file isn't finalised yet)but the office was closed today

Just came back from the CFRC to find out that I am currently merit listed and all I need to do is attend the MPAC and that is it. Next MPAC is March 25th for those still waiting. I applied for the Canadian Forces back in April, so I can wait another month.

just got off the phone with my file manager....told me that i have been merit listed and like the above post the next date for MPAC is the end of march (he strongly expressed that it was still tentative and that the next one on his calender was set for june) but march is much better...just a few questions and i know ill catch flack for this but ive read every thread on MPAC and just wondering if there are more medical tests while at MPAC or is it just straight job related tests?

They just held an MPAC at the same time as my MPOAC this past week and I can tell you that you wont be doing any medical related tests, it's all assessments.

Being assessed is all you will be told so don't post any in depth questions.

Thanks...that was my only question regarding what goes on at mpac the rest I figure will be disclosed If I get a call.....last question..say you pas the mpac or mpoac and are selected to go to bmq do you go within weeks or are we talking months?

aegishjalmar said:
Just came back from the CFRC to find out that I am currently merit listed and all I need to do is attend the MPAC and that is it. Next MPAC is March 25th for those still waiting. I applied for the Canadian Forces back in April, so I can wait another month.

To be fair, you need t be successful in your assessment and not just attend.  It is not just a check in the box. Not everyone who participates in a MPAC is selected to be a MP.

Law & Order said:
To be fair, you need t be successful in your assessment and not just attend.  It is not just a check in the box. Not everyone who participates in a MPAC is selected to be a MP.

this is true.  There were definitely some hammer heads that were there when I went through and they never stood a chance.

Law & Order said:

Yes, I am aware of that fact.

It wasn't my intention to simplify the MPAC, I was referring to the fact that my file is ready to go and all that is left is the MPAC. I would have to be a simpleton to expect that my attendance to the MPAC alone was enough to be selected as an MP.

Dubya said:
Thanks...that was my only question regarding what goes on at mpac the rest I figure will be disclosed If I get a call.....last question..say you pas the mpac or mpoac and are selected to go to bmq do you go within weeks or are we talking months?

No idea on any OFFICIAL time line, but for example, the user who started this thread (Keekee) got her pass\fail call roughly 11 days after her MPAC and was loaded onto BMQ for the following month.

My wife is a Clerk and told me that BMQ's are running through April, like every other week or so, into May. BMOQ dates haven't been posted yet. If you pass the MPAC anytime soon I'd wager a guess that you will be course loaded sometime in April or May. You need to get all your stuff done before the fall so that you can be loaded into MP training for January. Otherwise you'll be waiting til January of 2011.

Good luck

RUNRMAC13 said:
My wife is a Clerk and told me that BMQ's are running through April, like every other week or so, into May. BMOQ dates haven't been posted yet. If you pass the MPAC anytime soon I'd wager a guess that you will be course loaded sometime in April or May. You need to get all your stuff done before the fall so that you can be loaded into MP training for January. Otherwise you'll be waiting til January of 2011.

Good luck

That's one potential scenario, but depending on the Courses slated to run at the academy and what have you could do BMQ then SQ, then potentially sit on PRETC anywhere from a few days to a few months.

Just recieved my job offer.
I will be enrolled on the 3 Mar then fly to Borden on the 8 Mar to await the QL3.

Ex_RMP said:
Just recieved my job offer.
I will be enrolled on the 3 Mar then fly to Borden on the 8 Mar to await the QL3.

I received an email yesterday telling me I was suitable to CT to MPO, then today they told me that they can't enroll me til the next fiscal year (April 2010 or later), hopefully the expected cutbacks wont affect too many courses. Anyone else on here get any confirmation of either MP or MPO?

Back