• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Music piracy?

stupid noob

Inactive
Reaction score
One of my coworkers told me that the RCMP didn't hire him because he had downloaded music/movies/etc. in the past. Apparently he was told to apply again in four years.

Is it like that for the Canadian Forces as well?

Thank you.

Well then as long as you are honest with your paper work and interview you should be fine. And define music piracy in how it applies to you.

Tango18A said:
And define music piracy in how it applies to you.

I have never bought a music album my entire life. Every song on my computer has been downloaded.

Pegcity said:
Unless you have been arrested for Music piracy how would they know?

I'm just worried that it might be a problem. If they ask I'm not going to lie.

Personally most of my music in the last 5 yrs has been downloaded as well. And most of my soldiers also download music, so I can't see it being a big problem. Just remember Honesty is the best policy.

Tango18A said:
Personally most of my music in the last 5 yrs has been downloaded as well. And most of my soldiers also download music, so I can't see it being a big problem. Just remember Honesty is the best policy.

Okay thanks.  :nod:

Im getting sworn in Sept 14th, i can assure you they do not ask you if you illegally download anything.

The Forces aren't as anal as the RCMP, nowhere near it.. Having gone through some of the RCMP process myself I can guarantee that.

Yeah the RCMP as well as most municipal police forces have proactive disclosure forms with pretty much every offence down to stealing a blueberry as a child. Chances are your buddy had other questionable things in his past or was lagging in some department and the downloading music just tipped the scales against him. During my recruiting process I never had to fill a form out in regards to offenses that minuscule. Hell, the recruiter was pleasantly surprised that I had only tried one of the plethora of drugs on the disclosure sheet :)

dave.jones3 said:
Yeah the RCMP as well as most municipal police forces have proactive disclosure forms with pretty much every offence down to stealing a blueberry as a child. Chances are your buddy had other questionable things in his past or was lagging in some department and the downloading music just tipped the scales against him. During my recruiting process I never had to fill a form out in regards to offenses that minuscule. Hell, the recruiter was pleasantly surprised that I had only tried one of the plethora of drugs on the disclosure sheet :)

Yeah they didnt believe me when I listed I only tried Marijuana twice. Meanwhile the guy next to me who wanted to be a combat engineer was asking me how to spell cocaine.

Hahah yeah it was pretty amusing. I filled the sheet out in about 2 minutes walked up to the Recruiting Officer and handed it to him, he looked it over grimaced at me and said " this is it? Are you sure? You should not be lying on this" It took some strenuous convincing. Even then he said that " I should expect to be randomly tested for drugs" haha ::)

dave.jones3 said:
Hahah yeah it was pretty amusing. I filled the sheet out in about 2 minutes walked up to the Recruiting Officer and handed it to him, he looked it over grimaced at me and said " this is it? Are you sure? You should not be lying on this" It took some strenuous convincing. Even then he said that " I should expect to be randomly tested for drugs" haha ::)

hahaha, I couldn't remember the date I last did Marijuana, so I put a random date down (I know winter of 2009 was the last time, but they demanded I put a month), but then at the interview he asked me the last time I did Marijuana and had the shit in front of him.  That was a bit of a pickle.

It was 3 months after I filled it out so I didn't really remember what I originally wrote, but I guessed January 2009 and he seemed fine with it.  Although he did tell me I'd do a piss test during my medical, but I never did.  I was a bit disappointed because I kind of wanted to prove to him I wasn't BSing haha.  Oh well, they hired me either way.

Yeah I remember we had to "estimate" how many shots of alcohol we have consumed. I was sitting next to a 40 year old. He seemed genuinely stumped

dave.jones3 said:
Yeah I remember we had to "estimate" how many shots of alcohol we have consumed. I was sitting next to a 40 year old. He seemed genuinely stumped

On mine I think I put 3200 lol.  I forget the exact calculations I did in my brain to get that though.

Yeah its so excessive. Oh well though, I guess when dealing with bureaucracy logic gets thrown out in favor of blanket rules ahah

Back