• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My girlfriend and the military

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArmyVern said:
Save yourself a lifetime of heartache and find a girl that supports and "gets" you now.

Signed:  A Girl

Don't ever give up on the dream.
If she is part of it, you will know.
What's important here it that you have to make the ultimatum.
She would have to agree with your vision of what is to be or of what you and her can make it to be,
then intertwine as one and achieve those goals together. (no matter what they may be)

One thing for sure
If you love this girl, (and if she loves you) then make (damn) sure, that you give her every possible opportunity
to make up her mind about a possible future of being a soldiers wife.

No matter the tears nor the joy that may be,
never give up on the dream.

Or you take the girls advice  :D

Rodrigues13 said:
Hey everyone,

I'll start off by saying that I am 24 years old and I really want to join the military. Specifically to become a Combat Engineer. Now aside from being able to help people and serve the greatest country in the world, I know it is a great career opportunity. The problem seems to be my girlfriend. I have lived with her for the past year and absolutely love her to bits. She really doesn't want me to join up. She's the needy type that can't be away from me for too long but she says she would do anything for me. I don't really have a great job and I have explained to her that this is a great opportunity for us to move on in life, as it is next to impossible for a hard working young person to be able to afford a house and a family these days. I really don't know how to get the message across to her and I was hoping there is somebody out there who has been through this and can help me out. I've already heard the obvious answers like leave her, or don't join. But I don't want to leave her and I really want to serve my country. Any advice?

Thanks

Ryan

Show her this note: http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Am-A-Military-Girlfriend/925555

And never say the Infantry didn't do anything for you,,, ;D

Thanks all, I knew the answer guess I just needed a push to get there, lol. Next is preping for basic. Is anyone here a combat engineer? That's where I'm thinking  of taking my career, just wondering if it's an interesting path

Rodrigues13 said:
Is anyone here a combat engineer? That's where I'm thinking  of taking my career, just wondering if it's an interesting path

In case you have not seen it yet, there is some information about the trade here:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/22088.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back