• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My Process for RegF Navy

Bowers525

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents. So without going into the whole story I have contemplated joining for a prety good chunk of my life and have only just worked up to the point of applying to the CF. The mistake of dropping out of high school and then the inability to decide what I wanted to do with my life caused a bit of a delay but now my papers are in and im not turning back now.

I had originally applied to a local reserve unit with the plan of working part time while in college and then CT'ing to the RegF. A few weeks back I went to CFRC Halifax on Mumford Road to talk to a recruiter about the possibility of switching to a RegF application and just getting it over with. I knew the trades I wanted and I decided I would rather work full time. After I signed in and sat around for a few minutes one of the Sgts came over greeted me and took me to his office and asked me what I would like to do for a living the conversation went something like this.

Recruiter: So what are you applying for?
Bowers: Well Im really interested in being a Boatswain or-
Recruiter: What on earth is wrong with you?!
Bowers:  :-[
Recruiter: Just kidding, Boatswain is closed by the way what are the other two?

I explained the the trades I wanted to apply for were Boatswain, NCIOP and NESOP

Out of the three I would have preferred Boatswain the most but I will be happy with any of the trades. (After all I am applying for them)

Handed everything in that day most of it was just a matter of prying some staples on my reserve application but there were a few forms I had to resubmit and some certificates to have photo copied but after about a twenty minutes or so my file was opened and I was in the system.

Last week I recieved an email that I need to go into CFRC tomorrow morning as on the part about previous addresses I only listed the years and forgot to include the months that I moved in/out  :facepalm:

So im sorry if i bored you with my little story but hopefully this all works out for me.

Cheers
Bowers

update: Went in today and cleared up the issues with my file. The recruiter tells me that my trades still have plenty of spots and things are looking good. Now I sit and wait for my testing.

Best of luck with your testing, Bowers. Hope everything works out for you.

Well it seems everything that is worthwhile in life will come with a test. To give you the backstory my mother is a diabetic and while her condition is stable having the disease makes healing a difficult process.

A few years back she suffered a broken foot that turned into something called a charcot foot which to my GED level of understanding is some sort of condition where the bones in the foot weaken over a period of time. Well early last week the other foot broke. After a quick trip at the hospital it seems shes going to be casted for a good six months or more and on bed rest. The last time this happened I had to drop out of high school and stay home to play nurse so she could stay in bed 24 hours a day and not move her foot. I did all that and she still developed the Charcot. :( Diabetes is an evil disease.

This time she has told me I'm not to miss out on my dream again and I'm not to delay my application or give up the opportunity the navy can give me. If I'm lucky things will go by smoothly and she will be able to recover on her own. But its still kind of scary to think of the what if's. That If I leave my mom might get worse and be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of her life. And that if I stay we wont have enough money to survive..

I know this place isn't my soapbox and sorry for going off topic with this update. Just something that's been on my mind all week. On the topic of my actual application I'm popping into CFRC Halifax tomorrow to drop off some course certs and hopefully they will have some good news about my process. Thanks for reading guys.

A hopeful NCIOP/NESOP

Bowers

Back