• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My situation -

Stiggy

Inactive
Reaction score
If im asking this in the wrong place I apologize.

Alright well I dropped out of school when I was 14, I decided to go back when I was 17. But I was so far behind I took Adult Ed instead of going back to highschool.

Ive now been in this adult ed stuff for about 4 months and got my gr 9 and gr 10.
Im just wondering if i should stay in it for another 10 months and graduate, or join the military shortly after december.

Any and all comments are appreciated,
Thanks

YerraKhunt said:
Ive now been in this adult ed stuff for about 4 months and got my gr 9 and gr 10.
Im just wondering if i should stay in it for another 10 months and graduate, or join the military shortly after december.

You would be competing for a job with people who have completed high school (and more, in some cases), so I'd suggest that you'd be better off taking the ten months to finish -- especially considering the possibility that you might end up not joining the Forces.

If you graduate high school, even if you don't make it in the CF (applying =/= guaranteed acceptance or completion of training), you'll be far better off than stopping now.

Change your User name right now. You're fooling no one and we don't play like that here.

Milnet.ca Staff

OK,

First let me explain you something...you need a minimum of credit to apply in de CF even for a job like infantry,
you will be doing a aptitude test so you have to be studying to pass it , so if you dont even want to do the effort to finish your highschool...its kind of Contradictory you dont think ?

and I'll finish this by saying that even if you got all the requirements to apply you wont have the certitude that you gonna be take this years...half the affectation are close right now.....
I've been waiting 2 years and an half to get back in the CF....
So my Advice for you apply in the CF continue yours School process will they are treating you're demand,
like this you wont loose anything cause you already want to join so do it but dont let the school  without any
insurance that you gonna be take in.

its not to tell you what to do or to be mean with you just an Advice
be patient and take care ;P

I'm not going to make decisions for the threadstarter, but look at it this way. You aren't entitled to a job in the Forces, and you will be competing against others with at least high school, and in some cases extensive work experience or even post secondary education in some sense. Everything you may lack in, you should be stronger in other areas. Do what you can to make yourself a strong applicant (for any job, not just the CF), and if that appears to require going back to complete your grade 12 education, then that's perhaps what you should do.

Back