• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My youngest son, not big on thinking things through

ArmyRick

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
So. A little background. My youngest son, Donato, age 14 just graduated grade 8. He has been a bit of a wild child growing up
-3 x different concussions (ages 3, 6 and 11) side note, he is actually a fantastic tree climber usually and still loves swings.
-Was run over by a ram and messed his knee up (age 10)
-Kicked by a yearling bull (age 13)

Yup, he is familiar with the ER.

So my wife and I take him to the after party for his grade 8 grad last night. At 11:30 PM my wife and youngest son come home. My wife proceeds to show me a video of my son accepting a dare. In the video (I'll see if I can post a link) he is on a rope slide with 3 people propelling him at high speed. He hits the end of the rope slide and proceeds to get thrown epically 6 feet into the air, doing like 3 flips and landing on his head, shoulder and butt at same time. He then proceeds to put is thumb up for ok. Mmmmm. Boy, your gonna feel that one in the morning.

So. A little background. My youngest son, Donato, age 14 just graduated grade 8. He has been a bit of a wild child growing up
-3 x different concussions (ages 3, 6 and 11) side note, he is actually a fantastic tree climber usually and still loves swings.
-Was run over by a ram and messed his knee up (age 10)
-Kicked by a yearling bull (age 13)

Yup, he is familiar with the ER.

So my wife and I take him to the after party for his grade 8 grad last night. At 11:30 PM my wife and youngest son come home. My wife proceeds to show me a video of my son accepting a dare. In the video (I'll see if I can post a link) he is on a rope slide with 3 people propelling him at high speed. He hits the end of the rope slide and proceeds to get thrown epically 6 feet into the air, doing like 3 flips and landing on his head, shoulder and butt at same time. He then proceeds to put is thumb up for ok. Mmmmm. Boy, your gonna feel that one in the morning.
In another age he would have been the test pilot for Orville and Wilbur Wright.

Great news. Or maybe not. I have to make sure his grandmothers don't see it. My son told me he is trending on tictock bigtime. Can I post a link from tic tock here?

Just so you know, he wiped out hard, some of his friends posted the video first on social media then checked to see if he was ok. Gotta love teen priorities

When your wife says "Gee, I wonder where he gets that from?" she isn't really asking a question...
He probably gets it from her. She was a skate boarder, snow boarder, hockey player, competitive martial artist, daredevil and generally accident prone.

Back