• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mystery discovery of body parts (Formerly: Is someone trying to get their foot in the door at CPC HQ

• Thread starter Thread starter jollyjacktar
  • Start date Start date
Colin P said:
Very true, that one guy in Paris I suspect will have nightmares for awhile. Since he killed a Chinese national I suggest that the Germans send him straight to China.

Nah.  Let's do it like this.

2 years in a German prison until he is extradited to Canada, 25 year life sentence then extradited to China for their...punishement.

According to Der Spiegel, he was reading news reports about himself on the internet when they caught up with him.

:trainwreck:

German law is very interesting.  First of all, the death penalty is strictly forbidden by the German constitution (dating back to 1949 upon the formation of the Federal Republic.  I'm not sure if the Democratic Republic had the death penalty).
The German Criminal Code has a very interesting Section 7:

Geltung für Auslandstaten in anderen Fällen
(1) Das deutsche Strafrecht gilt für Taten, die im Ausland gegen einen Deutschen begangen werden, wenn die Tat am Tatort mit Strafe bedroht ist oder der Tatort keiner Strafgewalt unterliegt.
(2) Für andere Taten, die im Ausland begangen werden, gilt das deutsche Strafrecht, wenn die Tat am Tatort mit Strafe bedroht ist oder der Tatort keiner Strafgewalt unterliegt und wenn der Täter
1.zur Zeit der Tat Deutscher war oder es nach der Tat geworden ist oder
2.zur Zeit der Tat Ausländer war, im Inland betroffen und, obwohl das Auslieferungsgesetz seine Auslieferung nach der Art der Tat zuließe, nicht ausgeliefert wird, weil ein Auslieferungsersuchen innerhalb angemessener Frist nicht gestellt oder abgelehnt wird oder die Auslieferung nicht ausführbar ist.

(I put the German in first, to see it in its original language)

Now, in English:
Section 7

Offences committed abroad-other cases

(1) German criminal law shall apply to offences committed abroad against a German, if the act is a criminal offence at the locality of its commission or if that locality is not subject to any criminal jurisdiction.

(2) German criminal law shall apply to other offences committed abroad if the act is a criminal offence at the locality of its commission or if that locality is not subject to any criminal law jurisdiction, and if the offender:

was German at the time of the offence or became German after the commission; or

was a foreigner at the time of the offence, is discovered in Germany and, although the Extradition Act would permit extradition for such an offence, is not extradited because a request for extradition within a reasonable period of time is not made, is rejected, or the extradition is not feasible
So, he could be prosecuted under German law only if there was no request for extradition "within a reasonable period of time", or not made, or rejected.  In short, if for some reason Canada says "Forget it", then he could he be prosecuted under German law. 

Anyway, kudos to however he was caught, and to whomever partook in catching him!  :salute:

Interesting.  Thanks for posting that.  I wonder if Cdn law has an equivalent provision, were the situation reversed. 

Just breaking on CBC news now ... I certainly hope not - an elementary school!!?? WTF! Press Conference coming in approx 10 minutes ...

Possible human remains sent to 2 Vancouver schools

Vancouver police and the B.C. Coroners Service are investigating after packages containing what appear to be human remains were sent to two schools Tuesday afternoon.

Police are expected to release more information at a news conference scheduled for 4:15 p.m. PT.

Vancouver School Board deputy superintendent Jordan Tinney told CBC News that police were called to False Creek Elementary School at about 2 p.m. PT.

"They received a package this afternoon and it appeared suspicious so the police were called and the police subsequently attended and took the package away," he said.

Numpty-boy was a little busy over in Germany.

What are the odds that copy-cat psychos are going to ramp up now?  :not-again:

Journeyman said:
Numpty-boy was a little busy over in Germany.

What are the odds that copy-cat psychos are going to ramp up now?  :not-again:

I don't know, but I'm hoping Canada Post was it's normal snail-mail self last week as the Police have just confirmed that, indeed, the two packages to the two schools contained body parts. Although that sucks, I'd rather that than another deceased somewhere and a copycatter. Cripes ... heebeegeebees.

The Globe and Mail is reporting that a hand and foot were mailed to schools in Vancouver. That leaves only a head unaccounted for if it's the same victim.

Edit to add:  guess 'only' doesn't go with 'a head unaccounted for'. Um.. Anyway, yeah.

And now there's been another foot found in Montreal, according to CBC Radio news at 0900 EDT.  Whether it's the same perp or not, how many victims are we dealing with here, anyway?  Unbelievable....  this must be devastating to their families.   

Edit:  never mind, now they're saying it's apparently a fake. 
:oops:

As far as the possibility of a fair trial goes, with all the attention given to this case, I'd think it would be hard to find 12 jurors who've not been subjected to the stories & analysis in the media already.  The people setting up the trial will have a bit of a challenge ahead of them.

From CBC News, reproduced here under the Fair Dealings provision of the Copyright Act
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/06/06/montreal-jun-lin-family.html

Lafrenière also said police continue to search for Lin's head.

"We’ve been working extremely hard to find all of the body parts out of respect to the family," Lafrenière said. "They’re going to have a hard time to live with this now."

Simply awful.  I shudder to think of where his head is going to turn up.  My thoughts are with Lin's family. 

My personal thoughts are that the head of this victim is going to turn up on the East Coast (I'm thinking NFLD). Parts in the NCR of Ottawa, some to the far west of the country, figuring east for the remainder.

My thoughts are with the victims family --- this sucks.

Now they are examing links with this case to body parts found at the Hollywood sign in LA, seem wanker spent some time there as well.

Accused inbound....
Luka Rocco Magnotta, charged with first-degree murder in the killing and dismemberment of Montreal student Jun Lin, is aboard a Royal Canadian Air Force plane en route to Canada from Germany, CBC News has learned.

Magnotta, who was arrested in a Berlin cybercafé earlier this month following an international manhunt, is in the custody of RCMP officers.

The plane is in the air bound for an undisclosed destination in Canada, sources told CBC News.

Magnotta, 29, had been held in Germany since his arrest June 4 pending extradition to Canada, a process that was expected to take at least a couple more weeks. Magnotta had indicated that he would not fight the extradition ....
CBC.ca, 18 Jun 12

Inbound ....
on an Airbus dedicated for his return.?  Sure hope it wasn't the VIP one normally reserved for the PM or Heads of State.  IMHO it put Mr Mackays Cormorant flip a bit inconsequential.!
This POS doesn't deserve any creature comforts by any means. Yes, innocent until proven guilty but....

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20120618/magnotta-canada-germany-120618/

krustyrl said:
Inbound ....
on an Airbus dedicated for his return.?  Sure hope it wasn't the VIP one normally reserved for the PM or Heads of State.  IMHO it put Mr Mackays Cormorant flip a bit inconsequential.!
This POS doesn't deserve any creature comforts by any means. Yes, innocent until proven guilty but....

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20120618/magnotta-canada-germany-120618/
Somehow, I don't think he's getting the executive treatment while (I'm guessing) handcuffed and/or shackled.  Also, I'm thinking commercial airlines may have some... issues with letting someone accused of this sort of thing on their planes with other passengers, accompanied by cops or not.

milnews.ca said:
Somehow, I don't think he's getting the executive treatment while (I'm guessing) handcuffed and/or shackled.  Also, I'm thinking commercial airlines may have some... issues with letting someone accused of this sort of thing on their planes with other passengers, accompanied by cops or not.

Back of a Herc with the ramp down in case he felt the need to step outside mid ocean for some fresh air would have worked for me. >:D

Danjanou said:
Back of a Herc with the ramp down in case he felt the need to step outside mid ocean for some fresh air would have worked for me. >:D
How unlike you....

Is it possible he was loaded on of the of the flights that goes to and from Germany in support of Afghanistan? It'd be a shame to waste that many taxpayers' dollars on a flight just for him. Shoulda sent him CMTT.

Back