• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mystery objects/ Balloons over north America

I suspect that any criticism of our response and reactions to this event will quite literally and figuratively go over the heads of the Canadian Government.
By the way I suspect this will not be the last time this occurs.

Testing AD ?

Some sort of EMP device ?

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

I appreciate that they don’t want to squish anyone on the ground, and I have no technical background in this stuff, but I still want this thing brought down somehow.

It would be nice to know if this is being dealt with more aggressively behind the scenes than what we’re being told.

I’m seeing reports on CNN of a possible 2nd large high-altitude balloon, this time in Missouri just outside Kansas City. The National Weather Service is saying it’s not one of theirs. If it turns out to be Chinese, then it couldn’t be accidental as well. Also, the USAF s says the balloon over Montana is, to some degree, navigable. As Ricky Ricardo used to say to Lucy…the Chinese have some “serious splainin” to do.

I’m seeing reports on CNN of a possible 2nd large high-altitude balloon, this time in Missouri just outside Kansas City. The National Weather Service is saying it’s not one of theirs. If it turns out to be Chinese, then it couldn’t be accidental as well. Also, the USAF s says the balloon over Montana is, to some degree, navigable. As Ricky Ricardo used to say to Lucy…the Chinese have some “serious splainin” to do.
The ChiComs never explain any of their actions. "Mind your business and we'll mind ours." USAF wanted to take it down. Biden won't let them. They asked, he said no. He's so far up Red China's ass, he can see trudeau's feet.

I’m seeing reports on CNN of a possible 2nd large high-altitude balloon, this time in Missouri just outside Kansas City.
It's probably just an updated position on the same contact.

There's some interesting USAF activity over that part of the country currently that may (or may not) be related.

Whatever happened to pilots? Why back in the day they'd fly up under a barrage balloon in their Sopwith Camel and give it a jolly good rogering with a burst or two from the old twin Vickers.
I'm sure pilots would love to have a balloon painted on the side of their aircraft.

I’m inclined to think that if they were really concerned, the thing would have been taken out by now in some way shape or form. Since it hasn’t been, I’m guessing that instead, the S&I community is figuring out what’s the best way to handle this, including a lot of assessment of what intelligence gains could be made.

The US defense sector has been dealing with the threat of overhead imagery for decades. I don’t think a ballon on a predictable and observable path changes that much. If there’s any way this thing could be brought down softly, they might be able to assess if it has any capabilities that afford intelligence, or if perhaps there’s any hint as to what intelligence targets the adversary may have.

Just my $.02.

Back