• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naval Missile Thread

The article makes it sound like it was Range Control that terminated the flight. Perhaps they all have the kit but only the Americans have the codes and transmitters to terminate.
So…the Americans can take control of our missiles? :ROFLMAO:

(Mandatory tinfoil hat gif)

Tin Foil Sparkle GIF by WENS

I mean the statement is nebulous. Range control terminating the flight could just as easily mean ordering the ship to activate the flight termination systems. I mean, I guess it could be there, but I was aboard OTT for the Harpoon strike test off Point Mague back in 2018, and no one mentioned a flight termination system being installed on the exercise missiles. I suppose it could have been there and I didn't know, I just really feel like given my role there, I would likely have known about it.
I’ve never been on the range for a Harpoon shoot- only sea sparrow- so I never got to see what the preps were either for that type of shoot. Even though it wasn’t my job to care, we were often tasked with filming the launches from the unengaged side, so you better believe that I wanted to understand Range Safety.

Back