• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naval Reserve restructuring

I will disagree, the Port of Vancouver is very much in the public eye and much of the population of BC lives in spitting distance of the 3 major and 3 minor international ports on this coast.

Colin P said:
I will disagree, the Port of Vancouver is very much in the public eye and much of the population of BC lives in spitting distance of the 3 major and 3 minor international ports on this coast.

And, speaking to people I know who are trying to ramp up the LNG industry in BC, they are worried about BC/Canada's ability to operate safe and secure port operations for this new (to Canada) technology.

Ironically the second/third world, Malaysia, is fretting about the first world's (Canada) ability to operate safely in this global industry. In shore and port security operations, including a high quality anti-terrorism capability, is crucial to building international confidence in us.

Colin P said:
The Port of Montreal is also fairly active -- nowhere near the tonnage of Vancouver but still quite busy, and quite a visible part of the city. That's two of Canada's three largest metro areas. Toronto doesn't handle much cargo anymore, but shipping on the Great Lakes still occurs.

Back