• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NDP to debate phasing out Canada’s Armed Forces at policy convention

shawn5o

Inactive
Reaction score
Wow! I never trusted the NDP for being responsible but this is off the wall or it's an AprilFools joke

By
Cosmin Dzsurdzsa
-
April 1, 2021

The federal NDP are set to debate whether or not to phase out the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) at their upcoming 2021 convention.

The policy resolution titled “Elimination of the Canadian Armed Forces” was submitted by the party’s Spadina-Fort York Electoral District Association (EDA).

It claims that “in a world with a globalized economy traditional militaries are becoming increasingly unnecessary” and points to other countries like Costa Rica and Iceland which have allegedly “abolished their armies.”

More at link above

Tired Britney Spears GIF

The least believable part of that article is that the NDP paid off their campaign debt... 🤣
The funniest part is the unintended consequence that this resolution would have if it ever came true. Namely, effectively hand our sovereignty to the USA the NDP loves to hate...

Never heard of “True North Wire”. Sounds dodgy.

Having said that, I wouldn’t put it past them the Dippers to do this.

The funniest part is the unintended consequence that this resolution would have if it ever came true. Namely, effectively hand our sovereignty to the USA the NDP loves to hate...
Shhhhhh! I was hoping they wouldn’t notice....

Meh, pretty sure Canadians are gonna debate phasing out the NDP in the fall election.

Another "source" I never heard of on here.
Lol, so I looked up the author. He managed to get himself turfed from the Post Millennial for demonstrable ties to blogs that promoted racism, as well as some of his pro-Russia propaganda work. Googling the ‘True North’ outlet seems to suggest that it’s at best someone’s agitprop page. In any case, this is the farthest thing from a credible journalist at a credible outlet. While it’s possible someone in the NDP is in fact trying to push such a policy up the chain for consideration, I won’t take anything posted on that website at face value in its own right. If this exists and gets any traction, credible media will pick it up at some point.

It is legit from what I can tell, in that it's a resolution to be discussed at their convention along with tons of others unlikely to make it into the party's election platform. See p. 43 of this document hosted on their website:

Shame we regularly get right wing propaganda linked here instead of source documents.

It is legit from what I can tell, in that it's a resolution to be discussed at their convention along with tons of others unlikely to make it into the party's election platform. See p. 43 of this document hosted on their website:

Shame we regularly get right wing propaganda linked here instead of source documents.
And "be it resolved that" with a myopic, agenda-driven motion such as this, the NDP further disassociate themselves from reality. Good luck in the next election.

The irony in your post is that a far left party is being accurately reported on by a far right news outlet... and its true... Not likely to succeed; but true.

Wonder if that's how some people get themselves sucked into things like Qanon?

I guess I'm old fashioned, but I still subscribe to a newspaper. "Fake news" I suppose some would call it these days. :)

Probably less likelihood than NDP Resolution 04-46-20 passing:

Reincarnation of the Dalai Lama
The reincarnation of the Dalai Lama is solely decided by those within the Tibetan Buddhist faith community, in accordance with the universally-recognized right to religious freedom, and that the Government of the People’s Republic of China have no part to play in the process.

Probably less likelihood than NDP Resolution 04-46-20 passing:

Reincarnation of the Dalai Lama
G2G,

Missed that. Just goes to reinforce why I eschew any relationship with most Dippers; they are devoid of any reasoning approaching reality.

I find it ironic that this was submitted by the party’s Spadina-Fort York Electoral District Association (EDA).
How soon they forget.
Who going to dig them out, the next time they get a little snow? 🥶

Who really cares. Their plan is fantasy. Might as well be a dungeons and dragons gaming convention. Full of elves, dwarves, wizards and fairies. NDP. best live action role players in parliament.

Back