• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

need advice fast!

The Gues-|-

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,  I just got a call from CFRC and they told me I'm flying out tomorrow for St. Jean. I don't have much time to read up on forums so I was just wondering if people or peoples could give me a quick checklist of what I should bring IE how much clothes, or what little things I could bring to help me along the way?  Greatly appreciated! thanks!

Shaving gear (of course).  Just bring a few changes of clothes, and remember that Springtime in Quebec is just around the corner!

hahahha :-\ CFRC just called again and I'm not leaving until the April 3rd course now so I got a little more time.  And thanks for the suggestion Von

Ok.. CFRC just called for a 3rd time telling me my BMQ will be in Borden.  Maybe they'll call again and just send me straight to Afghanistan! :D

The Gues-|- said:
hahahha :-\ CFRC just called again and I'm not leaving until the April 3rd course now so I got a little more time.  And thanks for the suggestion Von
You're welcome.  Now, of course, wait for the phone call that says you left yesterday  ;D

I'm going to call CFRC Winnipeg today to see whats going on with my file...

This is eating me up here seeing everyone leaving wile I sit here at work...

Hi There, so your going to Borden? I just finished basic there. Heads up, DON'T BRING TOO MUCH STUFF. Just the basics, soap, civy clothing for weeks 4-13. The Mail there is very slow, so if you have any banking and bill paying set it up so you pay by phone.
I really enjoyed Basic, (Dare I say) But I enjoy heard work...
When you get their just play the game and have fun.
Heads up, the mess (T-116) serves good food, people gain weight... I did... ;D
Ummm, when you get to go to the CANEX, buy magic erasers for gettin black marks off, and some swifer wet cloths to pick up dust and hide them in your personal box, they are your best friends.
Have FUN!
Pte.Pixley :cdn:

Pte. Pixley said:
Hi There, so your going to Borden? I just finished basic there. Heads up, DON'T BRING TOO MUCH STUFF. Just the basics, soap, civy clothing for weeks 4-13. The Mail there is very slow, so if you have any banking and bill paying set it up so you pay by phone.
I really enjoyed Basic, (Dare I say) But I enjoy heard work...
When you get their just play the game and have fun.
Heads up, the mess (T-116) serves good food, people gain weight... I did... ;D
Ummm, when you get to go to the CANEX, buy magic erasers for gettin black marks off, and some swifer wet cloths to pick up dust and hide them in your personal box, they are your best friends.
Have FUN!
Pte.Pixley :cdn:

Hey thanks for the tips!  I've written down a list and I want to bring as less as possible obviously.  I'm not too worried about the mail.... if I have to buy anything once I'm there it will be necessities only. IE soap, shampoo etc. It sounds like I'll eat better there than I do at home (which is great).  How did you like the base? how many people did you share a room with? Do they provide pens, pencils and notebooks or what's the deal there?  I know the first few weeks are hellish busy but I was also wondering whether or not there was a gym, if so, how long before they give you access? Last one, what trade are you going for?

The Gues-|- said:
Hey thanks for the tips!  I've written down a list and I want to bring as less as possible obviously.  I'm not too worried about the mail.... if I have to buy anything once I'm there it will be necessities only. IE soap, shampoo etc. It sounds like I'll eat better there than I do at home (which is great).  How did you like the base? how many people did you share a room with? Do they provide pens, pencils and notebooks or what's the deal there?  I know the first few weeks are hellish busy but I was also wondering whether or not there was a gym, if so, how long before they give you access? Last one, what trade are you going for?

I was doing my Sgts course in Borden and living in the shacks next door as they were doing the BMQ. I walked by them every morning.
You are 4 in a room. They provide you with all your learning materials, but a couple pens and paper for personal correspondance is good. There is the base gym in Borden, don't worry, you'll learn to hate it. Canex is a 15 min walk from your shacks. Food is ok at that mess, but it is extremely busy.

Armymedic said:
I was doing my Sgts course in Borden and living in the shacks next door as they were doing the BMQ. I walked by them every morning.
You are 4 in a room. They provide you with all your learning materials, but a couple pens and paper for personal correspondance is good. There is the base gym in Borden, don't worry, you'll learn to hate it. Canex is a 15 min walk from your shacks. Food is ok at that mess, but it is extremely busy.

Excellent, thank you.

Don't bring to much civ clothing you wont need it that much cause you don't get to go out for the first 2 week. A good way i had to have nice inspection is have double of every thing have a nice toot brush and soap and razor for inspection and have double in my personal kit for use. In some shak there are lot of sink and toillet arrange it with your group to only used a couple to cut down on cleaning time.
Get a lint brush. Buy some Listerine or something instructor hate to do inspection when u have bad breath and they will make u pay. In every course there always a retard that most people hate try not to be that guy. Try to help that person. Get some lock for your locker and make sure it always lock or you will find some nice surprises like you coverall fill with all your cf shirt. Iam not sure if they still issue running shoe but if not a good pair will prevent injury. Good rule is to answer any question by " Yes Mcpl " The army like it better if you take responsibility for your action they try to find excuses and that good for the rest of your time in the ARMY. If you don't know how to sew and iron ask your mom or some that know to show you. Most important is have fun it a great time i wish i could do it again and it a game just keep your mouth shut and do as your told and it going to be a blast.  :cdn:

Back