• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Applicant

dpen

Inactive
Reaction score
So I just did my CFAT and medical and applied as an infantier. I was told that this year there are few being accepted into the infantry because of the end of the war and over recruiting in recent years. I was given some info on Vehicle Tech and Aviation Systems Tech. I hear that as a vehicle tech that youre an infantier before a mechanic and that you do all of the SQ before you start your trade training. I have definatly had my eye on the infantry to be a marksman but its not looking good. Does anybody have any input??

Go to www.forces.gc.ca and look at the video for Veh Tech or AVN Tech. That's what the jobs are. It also tells you what course is needed to be fully trained, how much you make as a Pte and all that good stuff.

I will not comment on Veh Techs being infanteers before Veh Techs, someone with a broad wealth of experience can answer that one.

Also, you don't have to be an infanteer to be a marksman. I worked with a Lt(N) who was on the Navy shooting team.

If you want to be an infantier, don't look at other trades. Sure a veh tech "might" be a soldier first and will do their sq before their trades training their will be a mechanic first and foremost, except if they work most vehicle recovery. Just like I'm a sig op, yet a soldier first. I won't see any field or "green" kit for the next year.

Every member of the CF is a soldier first, and what ever their trade is second. Also, every army trade does SQ. Don't join for V Tech unless it's something you want to do. Your not going to be an infantry soldier who might fix a vehicle, you will be someone who fixes vehicles who might have to take the role of an infanteer.

BearPusher said:
Just like I'm a sig op, yet a soldier first. I won't see any field or "green" kit for the next year.

You're in for a rude awakening my friend.  ;D

Well thanks for your thoughts. I just figured it is good to have a back up plan.

Infantry is the trade. The correct use of the word "infanteer" is infantrymen. (According to my spell check, infanteer is not a word)

frank1515 said:
Infantry is the trade. The correct use of the word "infanteer" is infantrymen. (According to my spell check, infanteer is not a word)

I believe you'll find that "infanteer" is widely accepted slang for an infantry soldier.

I see.
AmmoTech90 said:
Spell check =/= Dictionary

http://oxforddictionaries.com/noresults?dictionaryVersion=region-uk&isWritersAndEditors=true&noresults=true&page=1&pageSize=20&q=Infanteer&searchUri=All&sort=alpha&type=dictionarysearch

Not to be a nuisance, but it is not a word according to the Oxford Dictionary.

Back