• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CF official youtube channel.

CallOfDuty

Inactive
Reaction score
...also noticed some new commercials on tv as well.  I like them....they're pretty low key....but effective.  Seem to focus on activities outside of the military much more than before.

http://www.youtube.com/CanadianForcesVideos

PS---question for anyone in the know.......When are they going to upgrade the recruiting videos for those trades that don't have new ones yet?  Or are they?  Even the ASCO ( air nav) vid is at least 20 years old it seems!

Your guess is as good as ours ...

Those new commercials you're looking at? WE were told that that new campaign would be coming out last May ... so when the videos / handouts will be updated ... ???

As you know getting anything done in Government is like mating elephants. It takes a lot of noise and two years for results! :nod:

However, that being said it is in the works to upgrade all the videos. It will take some time as it's being done by a civilian company and it is expensive. The new commercials are a start.

A civvy company?  I'm surprised the photo techs aren't doing them.

There is a whole department in Ottawa that is dedicated to advertising. All they need is lots of money an idea and several months after its needed to make it happen!

This advertising campaign looks really good, and the Youtube videos are really well done.

They're quite convincing, though I was already planning on joining.

The funny thing about them is how serene the images are...the soft music, etc.  So someone joins up with that image...  goes to basic training and immediately has some scary as hell Mcpl/Sgt yelling and screaming at them ,lol!!  I can just see it now..."what the hell did I get myself into!!"

CallOfDuty said:
  The funny thing about them is how serene the images are...the soft music, etc.  So someone joins up with that image...  goes to basic training and immediately has some scary as hell Mcpl/Sgt yelling and screaming at them ,lol!!  I can just see it now..."what the hell did I get myself into!!"

I've actually had a guy come to our centre and want to rejoin. When I asked why he quit he said he left in week 3 of BMQ .They yelled at him and he wasn't ready for that. We were so nice to him in the Recruiting Centre that he thought it going to be like that in bootcamp. I told him that if he got back in they were going to yell at him again. He said he knew that and was ready for it this time.

My guess is mommy and daddy didn't raise their voices very much in the home. Not sure what happened to him.

FDO said:
My guess is mommy and daddy didn't raise their voices very much in the home. Not sure what happened to him.
I've heard he's in NDHQ, creating more stringent SHARP policies and adjudicating harassment complaints.  ;)

LOL!  Unless there was a death in the family I could never imagine VRing and then having to go back to the recruiting centre with my head hung low and ask for a second try.( after all the money and resources wasted!)
  I know many who've done it though.( Usually combat arms recruits who get scared and want a softer gentler trade!  ;) )

The new ads are awesome and I hope they help continue the success of the recruiting drive (having to close all trades for the rest of the fiscal year speaks for itself).

I especially like that they show the "cool' side of the CF, and promote that it is a very exciting career and not just an ordinary job.

FDO said:
I've actually had a guy come to our centre and want to rejoin. When I asked why he quit he said he left in week 3 of BMQ .They yelled at him and he wasn't ready for that. We were so nice to him in the Recruiting Centre that he thought it going to be like that in bootcamp. I told him that if he got back in they were going to yell at him again. He said he knew that and was ready for it this time.

Scary how far off somebody can be in their thinking from reality. I know a guy that could not believe they were going to shave his head when he went to St. Jean. He rang the bell pretty quick, got through the mandatory 5 weeks, and got his ticket out.

Back