• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New DEOs and January BOTC

hoser said:
Our course started on 13 Sept, and our first pay was on 30 Sept.  The first paycheque was almost exactly $1700 (based on IPC 2 DEO, so $3598/month).  The pilots here were getting the same pay as me (well, most of them).  Quarters and rations works out to about $450/month, if you get that deducted (i.e. if you're single).  After deductions are done, I end up getting about $1000/pay. 

As for how much cash you  need, a couple hundred bucks should cover you.  You'll get an advance upon arriving, if you so desire, before making your first trip to the Canex for the required kit.  That'll cover your needs for the necessary stuff for inspections and surviving the first four weeks, and there really isn't much need for more money (unless you enjoy coffee and junk food at the Green Break area). 

Thank you very much for the info hoser, and thanks to everyone else who answered too... (it's funny how many people respond to "hey hoser"!)  ;) :cdn:

Wingman said:
Add to Income if applicable:
  Separation Expenses - up to $345.00 per month (paid per day that you are on training).
  You also get field pay which is the days that you are in Farnham, you won't get that until wk 3 or 4.  

Separation Expense is $11.50 per day.
Field Pay is more like $16.50 per day.

But....

Separation Expense is tax free, Field Pay is not.  As such, your field pay ends up around $11 or $12 after taxes.

And now for the big point here.... The Field Pay is deducted day for day from any Separation Expense that you might get.  That doesn't really ring fair to me, but whatever.

I found this link this morning. A fellow kept a journal of his IAP experience this past September.
http://63.99.108.76/ubb/Forum2/HTML/006391.html

Reading between the lines of his account, I understand the sooner we realize that it is about leadserhip and teamwork, and not democracy the happier we will be.

Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Cheers,

Chris

Yeah, his story sounds about the same as I remember it.

Best suggestion I can give you (and your Plt): Have someone responsible for each mod in the morning, who then reports to the SecICs who then tells the 2ic and the IC...

We got screwed SOOOO many times because one person or so would leave their bed unmade for breakfast, or something...  thinking theyd have time later...  CPC's (Cadet Platoon Commanders, you are one of these a few times during the course (day long) and you are assessed on it) in my plt got nailed (and FAILED) a few times for this, and it happend more than it should have....
When everyone is running off in the morning, its hard to find out whats going on, because line of sight in the mods SUCKS (which is good for privacy, bad for a quick visual check)....

Im serious. This issue caused us probably the most problems on our course, and happend on every other course (4 of them, 2 eng, 2 fra) going through with me.

Its always the little things.

That and its tough to get "leaders" to follow.

(BTW Im talking RegF @ St Jean here)

Here is the complete transcript of IAP.

http://63.99.108.76/forums/index.php?showtopic=1650&hl=brad+edmondson

Back