• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Dress Regs 🤣

Minor correction but the B-GA-100 is signed by the Comd RCAF under the authority of the CDS.
Just saw that, I suppose the transition from CFP100 to B-GA-EIEIO wasn’t worth the MNDs time any more… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Believe it or not, that video is the type of thing that would get Gen Z to join. The stuffy office worker vibe, where everyone and everything has to be uptight every second of the day isn’t.

Believe it or not, that video is the type of thing that would get Gen Z to join. The stuffy office worker vibe, where everyone and everything has to be uptight every second of the day isn’t.
At risk of further derailing this thread... I think there's got to be a happy medium between stuffy office worker and chugging a beer during a high risk, safety sensitive activity after years of articles about alcohol causing misconduct incidents...

And if we really wanted Gen-Z, he would have brought a bong.

How "young trooper's" former employer handles, or doesn't handle, it is one thing.

Future hiring decisions of other employers may be another for him to consider...

You don’t need references to run a YouTube channel or collect welfare.

…or work in the trades, etc. where this may actually support the spirit of team bonding with a new member…etc.
I work with a bunch of guys who have done WAAYYY worse than this. This is pretty tame tbh.

If Elon Musk can smoke weed with Joe Rogan and keep on trucking, this kid will be just fine!

You don’t need references to run a YouTube channel or collect welfare.

The safety aspect was one thing. That's for experts to judge.

But, going out of your way to publicly disrespect your employer, any employer, when you retire seems like a sad way to say good-bye.
That's just my opinion.

But, going out of your way to publicly disrespect your employer, any employer, when you retire seems like a sad way to say good-bye.
That's just my opinion.
It can also work to your advantage if your future employer feels the same way about the government...

Lots of blue collar workers, and employers share similar sentiments to those expressed by the former Vandoo.

That's just my opinion.
You must have experienced things differently than the young but disillusioned trooper.

It can also work to your advantage if your future employer feels the same way about the government...

Lots of blue collar workers, and employers share similar sentiments to those expressed by the former Vandoo.
My company I work for has a very strict no photos or cameras anywhere on the property. This coinicides with their social media policy of no unauthorized posting about the company.

This alleviates a lot of issues for them and makes termination very easy should the need arise.

My company I work for has a very strict no photos or cameras anywhere on the property. This coinicides with their social media policy of no unauthorized posting about the company.

This alleviates a lot of issues for them and makes termination very easy should the need arise.
Is there one specific social media policy for the CAF, or is it done at lower levels? I love constantly being told not to post anything about politics when we have two reserve officers currently serving as Members of Parliament.

Is there one specific social media policy for the CAF, or is it done at lower levels? I love constantly being told not to post anything about politics when we have two reserve officers currently serving as Members of Parliament.
IIRC I think there is one policy.

It’s how it’s applied locally or if it is at all is the question

You must have experienced things differently than the young but disillusioned trooper.

Guess I was lucky. 🤷‍♂️

I think young trooper’s vid was definitely an F U…

Maybe, for some, that goes along with handing in your papers these days...

Well, it's also important to conduct yourself in a way that you don't appear on the social media feeds of others too ;)

Viz:

Back