• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Fd Engr Sqn for 38 CBG

Fraser.g

Inactive
Reaction score
Well ladies and gentlemen, it seems that 38 BGDE is trying to get their engineer assets back after the sad but proper demise of 21v FES back in the  early 90s.

The proposed plan is to have it as a branch of the Fort Gary Horse.
Why the Recce when they have two infantry units in the garrison I do not know.
Comments

GF (former sapper)

What I've heard so far is that the parent unit is just to provide a support until the Engr Sqn is established & able to function on its own (possibly after several years).  I have not heard if all the reserve units in Winnipeg will be tapped for OTs to fill the junior & middle leadership positions, or if only the unit in McGregor Armoury will be drawn from.

38 CBG is NW Ont, Man, and Sask.

The plan is for the engineers to be a part of the FGH until they have enough personel to stand up on their own. I can only guess that because we are the only unit in the Armouries, it is easier to start them there.

Last I heard there is one recruit that is going to the engineers. I'm not sure  about anyone transfering over.

Mike Cotts said:
Where the hell is 38 Brigade?
The Big Gap in the Engineer World since 21 Fd. folded.
In other words there is no Engineer presence from Tarana to Calgary!

They should put her in Manitoba,as to getting her up to speed,the Elgins proved it can be done very quickly.

Back