• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Fitness Requirements?

mrbill

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I have my fitness test as well as my interview coming up and I recently came across a different set of fitness requirements.. I have seen the usual set up with push ups, sit ups, hand grip etc... but I recently came across the following..
Sandbag Lift: 30 consecutive lifts of a 20 kilogram sandbag above a height of 1 metre, alternating between left and right sandbags separated by 1.25 metres. Standard: 3 minutes 30 seconds.

Intermittent Loaded Shuttles: Using the 20 metre lines, complete ten 20 metre shuttles alternating between a loaded shuttle with a 20 kilogram sand bag and unloaded shuttles, for a total of 400 metres. Standard: 5 minutes 21 seconds.

20-Metre Rushes: Starting from prone, complete two 20 metre shuttle sprints dropping to a prone position every 10 metres, for a total of 80 metres. Standard: 51 seconds.

Sandbag Drag: Carry one 20 kilogram sandbag and pull four on the floor over 20 metres without stopping. Standard: Complete without stopping.

Now, my question is, is this for all applicants that are looking to get in? Or, is this the annual evaluation for those that are already enrolled??

mrbill said:
Hi, I have my fitness test as well as my interview coming up and I recently came across a different set of fitness requirements.. I have seen the usual set up with push ups, sit ups, hand grip etc... but I recently came across the following..
Sandbag Lift: 30 consecutive lifts of a 20 kilogram sandbag above a height of 1 metre, alternating between left and right sandbags separated by 1.25 metres. Standard: 3 minutes 30 seconds.

Intermittent Loaded Shuttles: Using the 20 metre lines, complete ten 20 metre shuttles alternating between a loaded shuttle with a 20 kilogram sand bag and unloaded shuttles, for a total of 400 metres. Standard: 5 minutes 21 seconds.

20-Metre Rushes: Starting from prone, complete two 20 metre shuttle sprints dropping to a prone position every 10 metres, for a total of 80 metres. Standard: 51 seconds.

Sandbag Drag: Carry one 20 kilogram sandbag and pull four on the floor over 20 metres without stopping. Standard: Complete without stopping.

Now, my question is, is this for all applicants that are looking to get in? Or, is this the annual evaluation for those that are already enrolled??

This link will answer any questions  :)

https://www.cfmws.com/en/AboutUs/PSP/DFIT/Fitness/FORCEprogram/Pages/FAQs.aspx

mrbill said:

Quick and dirty answer:  Both.  But not until 1 Apr 2014.

Back