• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Helmet Contract

acen

Inactive
Reaction score
In a bit of a surprise, the new helmet contract won't be going to Revision, nor will it have a built in NVG mount, but it will have a 23% reduction in weight. It seems to retain the existing strap used on the CG634 and have a slightly different profile than the CG634 (though very similar to the American ACH).

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/20/morgan-advanced-materials-awarded-combat-helmet-contract-by-canadas-department-of-national-defence/

Anyone involved in the trials for it?

25 years from now we'll see them. Replacement by attrition and all that.

Went on the link and that thing looks cumbersome. Is it me? It looks like if I go prone, the helmet is gonna get shoved down onto my face. I was hoping they would go with lighter and more "balanced" design.
I might get that after my new CADPAT uniform I was told I was getting (2011).

Let us hope they don't surplus all the old helmets and then cancel the contract or suffer a delay due to unforeseen lawsuits, etc. In fact push the older helmets to Reserves and to units that will only use them in training or a few times a year. Better an older helmet than none at all. 

Back