• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New IRP / Move policy-effective Dec 01, 2017 [Merged]

dapaterson said:
4.3.01 says that you should be getting incidentals for your spouse on your HHT.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-benefits-relocation/2014-directive-amend-ch4.page#sec-04-03

Sounds like a UI issue with Brookfield.

(Out of curiosity: Where are you headed?)
I asked my rep about this and quoted this para, he informed me that IAW 1.4 (the definition) only one incidental is authorized per family.  The definition is vague and poorly written.

dapaterson said:
(Out of curiosity: Where are you headed?)

Halifax! I'm going to miss my family and friends in Ontario, but I'm very happy not to have to deal with aftermath of this election.

Lumber said:
Halifax! I'm going to miss my family and friends in Ontario, but I'm very happy not to have to deal with aftermath of this election.

As a shareholder in Emera, I thank you for your upcoming energy use and resulting dividends in my account due to their extortionate rates.

you have my sympathy.  Take Ontario any time over Halifax.  In fact picked Ontario for a second visit rather than going back to Halifax.

This might help some folks.

DND doubles financial compensation for military who lose money on moving
Armed forces members who lose more than $30K selling their house will have to try Treasury Board appeal

The Department of National Defence has doubled the amount of compensation members can receive when they have to relocate, but admits it still has no way to help those who suffer "catastrophic" financial losses.

About 12,000 members of the Canadian Armed Forces are ordered to move each year. The federal Home Equity Assistance program now offers people up to $30,000 to cover losses when their house fetches less than they've put into it. Previously, the Treasury Board capped it at $15,000.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/dnd-doubles-protection-members-moving-1.4675798

Dimsum said:
This might help some folks.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/dnd-doubles-protection-members-moving-1.4675798

Clearly, someone at the CBC reads army.ca:

Chief Stoker said:
Looks like some new and better benefits.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-benefits/know-your-benefits-articles/relocation-policy-update.page

What’s new for APS 2018:
    Doubling the core benefit limit for home equity assistance from $15,000 to $30,000;

dapaterson said:
Clearly, someone at the CBC reads army.ca:

<tangent>

Hey CBC person - next article; boots and operational clothing!  :nod:

</tangent>

Not really checking housing prices since I'm not due to go anywhere yet, but are there spots where people are expecting to lose $30k this APS?

Well, from an Air Force perspective...

Boots

R4-1-3-CCSSBLK-2.jpg

Operational clothing

e672bdc91c831e6bbfb610f41092ccd1.jpg

Dimsum said:
<tangent>

Hey CBC person - next article; boots and operational clothing!  :nod:

</tangent>

Not really checking housing prices since I'm not due to go anywhere yet, but are there spots where people are expecting to lose $30k this APS?

Yup. Bought for $X56k and currently listed at $X29k, never mind the original asking price for the house when I bought it was $x89k. I expect to sell it, if at all, in the high teens, low 20's, this is with the $15k I put into it finishing the basement and doing landscaping. Anyone who has bought a house here from 2011-2014 has lost at a minimum $50k. I'm sorta okay and bought in 2015 when it was already on it's way down. What the article fails to mention is you get covered 80% of your loss UP TO $30k. So even if I sell for $x20 I'll be under $36k, but i'll only get back 80%. I'm not complaining at all and it's good timing that it went up to $30k, I'm just happy I'll be gone from this crap bucket of a town (loved working here though). This new posting gives me and my spouse the chance to be back in civilisation and we won't be isolated from humanity, I'd gladly take the loss on a house.

As far as boots, my last issued pair was on my QL3s 12 years ago. I've either bought my own or had them LPO'd.

dapaterson said:
Well, from an Air Force perspective...

Boots

R4-1-3-CCSSBLK-2.jpg

Operational clothing

e672bdc91c831e6bbfb610f41092ccd1.jpg

Hey that's not accurate at all!

Our wings are "pearl grey" now...the wings on that hat will just not do!  :eek:rly:

Lumber said:
Verify that the distance between your two bases is no more than 650km. For your HHT/DIT, you're only entitled to 1 day of travel, which means a max of 650km. Should it be greater than 650km, you'll need to ensure that the extra travel day is either on a weekend, or on a day of annual/stat leave. I'd also be careful in ensuring that Brookfield is aware of your intent to drive POMV so theyh don't accidentally book you a flight when you put your HHT application in.

So according to the Promiles calculation the distance between the two "bases" is 714km. Google maps shows anywhere from 645-660km depending on where in town/base you place the origin and destination bullets. I am already approved through my CO to do a DIT (4 total days over a weekend). Would there be any issue, god forbid I use common sense, to just drive the entire way on one day? Either way I'm approved by the CoC and I'd be saving money/meals not having to travel two extra days.

Just got the following email chain forwarded.

CFIRP Coord Update - 22 June 2018

Good Day CFIRP Coords,

Just a quick relocation update:

•        BGRS is currently modifying their systems and by mid-July will be administering the new policies announced in CANFORGEN 073/18. 

•        Home Equity Assistance (HEA) increasing from $15K to $30K from core effective 19 Apr - please remind members that HEA above $15K is taxable (even when it comes from Core). Therefore, HEA payments may have income tax implications. Members who are entitled to amounts greater than $15K should confirm the taxation rules applicable to their circumstances.

•        As you may have heard, TBS designated Cold Lake as a “Depressed Market” for specific months. To qualify for 100% HEA from core, members must have both purchase and sold in designated months within specific years. TBS is currently conducting further analysis to consider whether there are other time periods that meet the definition of Depressed Market - a response is anticipated by 1 August 2018. DCBA has corresponded with members and DRBM/BGRS will be effecting payment shortly.

•        After considerable liaison, it appears we will be able to utilize CF52s to pay most members whose claims fell under the previous contract (Dartmouth). I hope to push this initiative and we should see the first 134 members’ claims settled by next week.

•        Also we have worked with DMCSS and have finalized the new DND 4443 (replacing the DND 483). Please find attached the DND 4443 form and instructions for your SA. In addition, we have forwarded the FEAMS report to BGRS which will allow them to complete the backlog of final move claims.

•        Lastly we are developing a flow chart to help members understand the relocation process.  It will outline the activity they must undertake and decisions to be made during each step of the process.  We will share this decision tree and request your feedback before we publish. Also we are publishing a presentation that mirrors the topics previously covered by the BGRS during the General Briefing Sessions that occurred every spring.  Please watch Know Your Benefits website.

I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

Thanks for all your assistance.
DRBM

Attachments

• CFIRP.jpg
    CFIRP.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 363
So coming up on the end of my QL3 (remuster) and I'm trying to get some info but without a posting message I can't really do much with BGRS. After reading the policy I'm trying to figure out what I can get from the HEA, I know it was increased to 30k this year, which is nice since I'm looking to lose around that, but most likely more when I sell my house in the Edmonton area. My problem is I purchased the house with my now ex-wife, both our names are still on it as the divorce was amicable and she didn't want any proceeds from the house. I didn't remove her name yet because I knew I was going to be posted out. My issue is, can I get reimbursed the full 30k? If the home is co-owned it says they will cover expenses related to the percent of the property you own but it stats if the home is or was owned by a dependent you will receive 100%.

Am I looking at only being able to claim 50% of my loss?

8.1.07 Co-ownership

Where the principal residence is co-owned by a person or persons who are not the spouse, common-law partner or dependant of the CF member, reimbursement shall be for expenses proportional to the CF members' legal share based on the percentage of ownership as stipulated in the deed except as outlined in art 8.2.05. CF members will be required to provide legal documents that show legal share of the property.

Where the principal residence is or was co-owned by CF member's spouse, common-law partner or dependent, reimbursement shall be at 100%.

Once_a_TQ said:
•        As you may have heard, TBS designated Cold Lake as a “Depressed Market” for specific months. To qualify for 100% HEA from core, members must have both purchase and sold in designated months within specific years. TBS is currently conducting further analysis to consider whether there are other time periods that meet the definition of Depressed Market - a response is anticipated by 1 August 2018. DCBA has corresponded with members and DRBM/BGRS will be effecting payment shortly.

So has there been an answer on this? As it stands now, if you sold your house after April 1st 2018 you do not qualify for 100% HEA which makes absolutely zero sense. This pretty much disqualifies any member who was posted out this APS and sold a house. The market is still dropping in Cold Lake....

On another note, I have claims in from beginning of June that have yet to be finalised, and it's for simple stuff too. This company is a god damn joke and disaster, I hope for the rest of the CF they get fired next APS.

Yea, I'm still waiting on my last 3 claims, totaling around $5000 for IL&M, Driver's Licences/Plates, and Mortgage Early Repayment Penalty.

When I asked my advisor, she very clearly states that they have no contractually set "maximum" amount of time to settle claims, but with December 1st coming up, I'm starting to get worried. $5k is a small amount compared to the $32k that I've already claimed and received, but it's still a lot of money.

I mean, I submitted my claim for the $650 moving grant about 2 weeks ago, and they settled it the same day...

Received EFT payments this week,
to finalize some of the claims from our posting this past April 2018.

We still have some pending BGRS approvals.

Perhaps I was mistaken, but I seem to be under the impression that the current contract with BGRS is only a 1 year contract and is ending on 30 Nov.

The tables in the various TPSP booklets seem to imply it was only a 1 year contract. For example, in the Lawyer/Notary TPSP booklet, table A.1. is titled “Contract Effective and End Dates”, and it lists the NEW CAF RP contract as being between 01 Dec 17 and 30 Nov 18 (hence my assumption that the contract was only a 1 year contract).

However, my adviser, without any further explanation, said that their contract is not expiring on 30 Nov.

Why did I think that it was only a year long contract? I feel like I've seen somewhere else that it's only a 1 year contract...am I crazy?

My understanding is the "one year contract" clause applies to being a recognized TPSP on the BGRS portal.

Example: Century21 Real Estate must reapply to BGRS each year to be listed as a local TPSP. 

kratz said:
My understanding is the "one year contract" clause applies to being a recognized TPSP on the BGRS portal.

Example: Century21 Real Estate must reapply to BGRS each year to be listed as a local TPSP.

Ahhhhh that makes more sense...

Yippie. 3 years later and on the move again.

A new CAFRD vs CFIRP, but same old issues dealing with BGRS.

Back