• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Kifaru Lineup & Website

M

MikeL

Saw this on the Light Fighter forums

http://kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=16564
Originally posted by Mel:

Hey guys, we are about to launch our new 2009 G2 (Generation II) line, and I wanted to give you a preview of what is coming. This is going to be a very long thread, so I suggest grabbing a beer, or a cup of coffee before settling into it.

In the past, we usually introduce a new pack, or some pockets/accessories, at the begining of each year. This year we have taken on quite a bit more than that. After nearly 3 years without a price increase, we must finally raise prices due to the increased cost of materials, fuel surcharges, and inflation in general. The good news is, that along with our price increase, we decided to update our pack lineup with many new features. These packs, and some pockets, will be designated as G2 (Generation II).

Let me start by going over some of the common features that will be shared by most of the packs. We have gone to thicker, dual density foam lumbar pads, featuring our anti-slip PackLock technology. All the packs, except for the Tailgunners, will now come with an interior hang loop for bladders. We have switched over to ITW/Nexus QR shoulder strap buckles on most of the packs, that eliminate all strap slippage.

We have increased the comfort level of all our packs considerably, with our new suspension upgrades. We didn't stop there though. We added even more usable features throughout the line. I'll go over all the details with you.

Omni Suspension Packs

All of our Omni Suspension packs, except for the Tailgunners and Scout, will now have external, raised torso pads, along with the new anatomical dual density foam lumbar pads with our anti-slip PackLock material. We have raised the bar for comfort and load carrying ability on small packs!

The Tailgunners were pretty good to go, but we did add a new anatomical foam lumbar pad, with our anti-slip PackLock material, for a very plush and secure ride.

The Scout will come with PALS webbing on the top lid, with a zip mesh pocket under the lid. The PALS webbing runs in the opposite direction, facing the body. There are 5 rows and 3 channels. You will now be able to mount our Mini Long Pocket sideways on the top lid, with the pocket and pack zippers above one another. We've also added 2 internal slot pockets on the inside perimeter of the bag. These slot pockets are secured at the top by a 2" webbing tab. The interior hang loop for a bladder, and the new anatomical foam lumbar pad with PackLock, fininsh off the Scout, giving you more comfort, modularity, and organization.

The Xray is the first backpack in the Omni Suspension line, and comes with the new raised torso pads, and dual density foam lumbar pad with PackLock. Also comes with an interior hang loop for bladders. This pack was one of our latest designs, so we didn't feel it needed any additional features, but the comfort definately jumped to the next level.

The Marauder comes with the new raised torso pads, and dual density foam lumbar pad with PackLock. It now has the new ITW/Nexus QR shoulder strap buckles, and interior hang loop for bladders. We went with just 2 compression straps, using double adjust SR buckles that attach in the center of the bag, like on the Xray. This really cleaned up the look of the Marauder, and it is now just 2 clicks to get into the front panel, instead of 6. We also added tab loops for Pods on the top and bottom of the bag. A velcro patch finishes it off.

The Zulu comes with the new raised torso pads, and dual density foam lumbar pad with PackLock, along with the ITW/Nexus QR buckles, and hang loop for bladders. We added a bladder pocket, with drawstring, inside the bag, just like the rest of our packs. The Zulu now has the same slot pocket layout as the ZXR, with the wider pockets on the sides, and the narrower one in the center back. The biggest change in the Zulu, is we have gone to a 21" frame, like on the Express, making shoulder lift a reality. There is a taller bag extension that increases the capacity to 3200ci. This bag is sweet, trust me!

The Standard Express comes with the new raised torso pads, dual density foam lumbar pad with PackLock, ITW/Nexus QR buckles, and hang loop for bladders. We've also added the same top lid as on the Xray and MOLLE Express, featuring the top lid pocket, with the zip mesh pocket on the bottom of the lid.

The MOLLE Express has all the new features listed above for the Standard Express.

The Pointman comes with thicker torso pads, dual density foam lumbar pad with PackLock, ITW/Nexus QR buckles, hang loop for bladders, and a velcro patch on top. Biggest change on the Pointman, is we have gone to a 22" frame, for even better shoulder lift capability. The bag size stayed the same, we just moved the suspension components down an inch. If you thought the Pointman was comfortable before, you are in for a treat for sure on this one!

The Navigator comes with the new dual density foam lumbar pad with PackLock, ITW/Nexus QR buckles, and hang loop for bladders. We went with the same type of compression strap setup on the Marauder, using only 2 double adjust SR buckles. The front panel now has 4 zipper sliders, allowing pinpoint accessability. There are now tab loops for Pods on the top and bottom of the bag, along with a velcro patch on top. The sleeping bag compartment divider panel has been reinforced with a horizontal row of webbing and 2 additional attachment points, just like on the EMR/MMR. The biggest change on the Navigator for sure, was going to a 24" frame with Precision Lift. We kept the same bag size, but just moved the suspension components down 2". To me, this made a HUGE difference in carry comfort. The Navigator was always my least used Kifaru pack, as I never cared for the way the bag carried so low in reference to the lumbar pad/waistbelt. Going to the 24" frame with the Precision Lift, along with all the other added features, absolutely changed the personality of this pack in my opinion. There is still great head clearance with the 24" frame, in case you're wondering.

The ZXR comes with the new dual density foam lumbar pad with PackLock, ITW/Nexus QR buckles, and hang loop for bladders. We've also added a snow collar extension like on the EMR/MMR. The capacity on the ZXR is now listed at 5200ci, with is measured to the top of the snow collar extension, just like the EMR is measured. Like on the Navigator, we have gone to a 24" frame with Precision Lift. Again, we kept the same size bag, and just moved the suspension components down an inch. It doesn't sound like much, but it's definately a difference you can feel, giving you more shoulder lift capability.

The EMR and MMR come with the new dual density foam lumbar pads with PackLock, ITW/Nexus QR buckles, and hang loops for bladders. We've added over the top compression straps like on the Zulu and ZXR, along with a snow collar extension on the MMR. The MMR bag capacity is now listed at 5200ci. There are 2 huge improvements on the EMR/MMR.

The first, is we have gone to a new simpler and faster bag/frame attachment system. It is more like an ALICE type system, where the frame slips into a slot at the top of the bag, and connects near the bottom, using the lower compression straps. The torso pads are now exposed, without the Dri-Lex panel, for even better breathability. With this new attachment system, you can now have a Cargo Chair rigged up to the frame, fold it forward, and then attach the bag. In this configuration the Cargo Chair is sandwiched between the frame and bag. You can remove the bag from the frame very quickly, and just flip down the Cargo Chair, and off you go in Cargo Hauler mode.

The second big improvement, is that we added multiple tab loops/attachment points onto the back of the frame, allowing you to attach pockets and Pods in many configurations. You can now Dock n Lock an E&E to the frame, or you can attach 4 Pods horizontally up the frame. The configurations are really endless with this new modularity that is now available on this frame. When Patrick was testing this, he really liked running the 4 Pods on the frame instead of a bag, especially because of the quick access to whatever you needed in the individual Pods. I can't say enough about our new Duplex Frame capabilities.

We have 2 new packs that we are introducing, called the AG1 (Armor Grip), and AG2 (Armor Grip). Our Armor Grip (Patent Pending) technology frame was developed to be able to carry heavy loads when wearing armor, without the pack swaying. It is very simple in it's design, where the torso pads can be rolled out, and secured to the sides of the frame, which create rigid bolsters that cup around the armor. There is no need for torso pads when wearing armor, so by rolling them to the outside, the pack/frame can now ride even closer to your back, and center of gravity, which is a big plus when carrying 100lb loads. If you're not using armor, just roll the torso pads back down onto the frame, where they use a velcro attachment system. Both of these packs use the same 24" Duplex frame with the Armor Grip, and all the new attacment points on the back, like on the EMR/MMR frames.

The AG1 pack uses a Navigator type bag, with almost all the same features as the Navigator, and the same capacity of 4000ci.

The AG2 pack uses an EMR bag that is 2" shorter, and it has a capacity of 6500ci.

You will want to check these packs out in detail on the website, where there will be lots of instructional photos, showing how everything works.

The last product I will talk about is our new E&E G2. We kept the E&E bag the same size, but added a full front panel opening. We went with 5 rows of PALS on the front and sides, and added a velcro patch at the top of the panel. On the inside, we added 4 more common loops (2 on each side) just below the bottom of Chamber pocket. This will allow inexpensive, lightweight, modularity for interior organization. We felt there was no need to add expense and weight, by adding PALS on the inside. With the 4 common loops on each side, you can run 2 Chamber pockets on each, or a Chamber pocket and a Lock n Load #10 on each side. The Lock n Load #10 is an absolute perfect fit under a Chamber pocket. You can now have internal organization that just wasn't possible on the old E&E. With the 5 rows and 2 channels of PALS up the sides of the E&E G2, we developed a new pocket called the Skinny Mini, which has the same dimensions as the Mini Long, but is only 3" wide to fit on 2 channels of PALS. You can now run a Skinny Mini on each side, and 2 Mini Longs on the front panel. This is definately not your old E&E, trust me!

Well that's about it for now, it's late, and I'm tired. We will have a completely redesigned website that will be very easy to navigate on, with drop down menus, and lots of photos. You can expect the new website to go live on Monday, with the whole new G2 lineup available, and ready to order. No orders will be taken until the website is live. All of our remaining Gen 1 products will be sold as is at the old price. There will be a couple more new pockets, and some G2 pockets coming out also. Be sure and checkout the new website when it goes live. In the meantime, let the questions and comments begin! Talk to y'all in the morning.

Mel

We have 2 new packs that we are introducing, called the AG1 (Armor Grip), and AG2 (Armor Grip). Our Armor Grip (Patent Pending) technology frame was developed to be able to carry heavy loads when wearing armor, without the pack swaying. It is very simple in it's design, where the torso pads can be rolled out, and secured to the sides of the frame, which create rigid bolsters that cup around the armor. There is no need for torso pads when wearing armor, so by rolling them to the outside, the pack/frame can now ride even closer to your back, and center of gravity, which is a big plus when carrying 100lb loads. If you're not using armor, just roll the torso pads back down onto the frame, where they use a velcro attachment system. Both of these packs use the same 24" Duplex frame with the Armor Grip, and all the new attacment points on the back, like on the EMR/MMR frames.

The AG1 pack uses a Navigator type bag, with almost all the same features as the Navigator, and the same capacity of 4000ci.

The AG2 pack uses an EMR bag that is 2" shorter, and it has a capacity of 6500ci.

This is what caught my attention...

Awesome - definitely something to look into putting on my Christmas list.

Again, the private sphere demonstrates its abilities to stay a step ahead of government acquisition.  The CF is in the process of fielding the CTS Rucksack, which is roughly equivalent to an EMR (missing a few of the EMRs better features).  Kifaru has already moved ahead a generation and is factoring for body armour and improving on their Gen I designs.

I suspect this is a competition that government acquisition simply cannot win.

Back