• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New skill badges recognize unique naval operations qualifications

Dimsum said:
That's actually a topic in the Air Force Research List 2019-2020 (along with Tac Hel to the Army).  I wonder if anyone will write about it.

Do you have a link?

Dimsum said:
That's actually a topic in the Air Force Research List 2019-2020 (along with Tac Hel to the Army).  I wonder if anyone will write about it.

You mean Fighter is trying to eliminate its competition?  ;)

FSTO said:
Do you have a link?

It was a document I found but I can't find the link on the stupid DND search function.  However, the relevant part is this:

FA-6.
Functional support to the other CAF environments. Is the current approach of consolidating aircraft resources within the RCAF still effective? Explore the possibilities of organic aviation assets controlled, managed and optimized by one or all of the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN), Canadian special operations forces and Canadian Army (CA), with engineering and higher-headquarters support provided by the RCAF.

Eye In The Sky said:
I'd prefer if they were broken down by "groups"...because the old MAG badge was better than the current one with the wings sticking out way too far...then all we have to do is teach people how it is supposed to be worn.  :nod:

https://www.facebook.com/RCAF.ARC/photos/a.10150142814416237/10156261897441237/?type=3&theater

Just a semantics point, that's not a "MAG" badge, but the "Air Command" badge.  I wore it, back in the days of everyone in green, when posted to Edmonton.

Well, all these years I've thought that was what it was...thanks for the correction!  It's the only one I remember Dad wearing, always thought it was MAG.

Seems this is what I was actually talking about? (pic attached)  I'd rather that be made into a Command Badge to replace the one I have now.

http://www.shearwateraviationmuseum.ns.ca/images/crests/general/MaritimeAirCommand.jpg

Attachments

• maritime_air_group_badge_n11235.gif
    maritime_air_group_badge_n11235.gif
    21 KB · Views: 109
Back