• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Veterans Affairs Minister

Maybe Rear Admiral Newton can the ask Deputy Minister of Veterans Affairs, a former CDS (http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/department-officials/deputy-minister) why it is taking so long sort things out?  General (Retd) Walt has been there since Nov 2014 and it would seem that changing the Minister frequently has not begun improve things!

recceguy said:
Won't happen. The question might get asked, but this government hasn't properly answered a question since they got elected. Nothing but Buttes' circular statements, which aren't answers.

Weird... I can't remember a single time that Gerald Butts made a statement on veterans affairs.

It's a shame the conservatives weren't still in... they were doing a bang up job of veterans affairs. Basically fixed it all, if only they had 1 more mandate  :sarcasm:

The point- making statements like this are counterproductive. Team blue and team red have both been terrible on the veteran file. It'd be disingenuous to claim that either side was really working for the vets.

Simian Turner said:
Maybe Rear Admiral Newton can the ask Deputy Minister of Veterans Affairs, a former CDS (http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/department-officials/deputy-minister) why it is taking so long sort things out?  General (Retd) Walt has been there since Nov 2014 and it would seem that changing the Minister frequently has not begun improve things!
jollyjacktar said:
:goodpost:

I understand that this is simply how parliamentary bureaucracy's work, but it's still mind blowing when you look at the difference in qualification between the Minister and the "Deputy" Minister. Again, I know it's supposed to work that way, it's just counter intuitive.

Bird_Gunner45 said:

Weird... I can't remember a single time that Gerald Butts made a statement on veterans affairs

It's a shame the conservatives weren't still in... they were doing a bang up job of veterans affairs. Basically fixed it all, if only they had 1 more mandate  :sarcasm:

The point- making statements like this are counterproductive. Team blue and team red have both been terrible on the veteran file. It'd be disingenuous to claim that either side was really working for the vets.

I'm offended you're  offended.  :dunno:

The thing in yellow, I can't tell if you're facetious, sarcastic, ignorant, naive or serious. If the last, then you and I cannot discuss anything serious. Mind, being serious is only secondary for you. You're simply defending whichever of the first four words, your belief in the statement is rooted in.

If you were being sarcastic, for the glory of Crom, use the smilie.

I can't respond to the rest, whether or not I was going to, as I can't assess the direction you wanted to go based on the ubiquous opening.  :salute:

I think he is suggesting that only an ostrich would use the veterans file to take a shot at their preferred whipping party, because both Liberal and Conservatives have dirty hands in that area.

Maybe we continue this thread without trying to inject unnecessary partisan rhetoric?

I politicised nothing. I told the truth. You're not even on the same planet Sheldon. We are talking about the present, sitting, in control party that is making decisions right now. Open the paper, you can't go back no matter who you want to demonize about what happened in the past. You don't get a free pass to do wrong, because someone back when did the same stupid thing. Now, let the thread get back on track and quite trying to change the narrative again.

milnews.ca said:
... Meanwhile, an interesting development with a former Minister of Veterans Affairs:  Team Blue has made former minister Steven Blaney the VAC critic - party news release here, list of critic portfolios attached ...
And, according to CTV, there's been a change ... #FormerMinistersNotGreatCritics

(source Tweets here, here and here)

Attachments

• Twitter-Blaney-moved.jpg
    Twitter-Blaney-moved.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 220
Back