• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New WW2 Squad Shooter, free to play, Enlisted

Altair

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
There is a new WW2 squad shooter, free to play, from the same makers of war thunder. Called Enlisted, currently in open beta until launch.

I have been playing the Normandy campaign so far, and I must say, this beats full priced 60-80 dollar games like battlefield and call of duty by a mile. There is also a battle of moscow campaign, with a battle of tunisia and battle of berlin, although I do not yet have access to these, either because I'm new or they are not out yet.

Treats every member of your squad like the crew from world of tanks, each getting a specialization, or upgrading weapons. You can mix and match units, "I make sure every squad gets a radioman, Velox versutus vigilans, but there is really no limits on what you can do.

Very fun game, great price, FREE, and a good way to pass the corona times.

Is it similar to Heroes and Generals? That game is massive but has a bit of a paywall for the characters/tanks/aircraft.

Is it similar to Heroes and Generals? That game is massive but has a bit of a paywall for the characters/tanks/aircraft.
No paywall so far, but it is the beta. I will say I like the maps a lot better in Enlisted.

But overall, I would say they are similiar.

Thanks for this Altair, it gives me something to play as both WOT and WOWS is currently having server issues. The terrain modelling is great as are the destructible objects. Haven't made it to planes yet, but i think AFV's need a bit of work. The TC and Driver needs a unbuttoned mode that allows better visibility at the risk of getting shot (edit: they seemed to have added that feature, much better). It's also annoying and problematic when trying to be a sniper and your squad is moving around exposing themselves and drawing attention to you. Also if you try to snipe from the middle of the room through the window, your squad mates will occupy the window. It's actually better after they get killed off to do your sniping. The first couple of days it was just pure melee which I don't like and now I note that squads are starting to pin and flank more. Also got to see from the wrong side how effective a good player can be in a AFV which basically decimated us when trying to seize an objective, staying just outside of our only weapons to defeat them.

Last edited:
Thanks for this Altair, it gives me something to play as both WOT and WOWS is currently having server issues.
Anytime 🍻
The terrain modelling is great as are the destructible objects.
Using explosives to open up additional routes is a great feature.
Haven't made it to planes yet, but i think AFV's need a bit of work. The TC and Driver needs a unbuttoned mode that allows better visibility at the risk of getting shot (edit: they seemed to have added that feature, much better).
They have been really fast to address issues. I was finding tanks hard to play, especially falling into trenches and being unable to get out.
It's also annoying and problematic when trying to be a sniper and your squad is moving around exposing themselves and drawing attention to you. Also if you try to snipe from the middle of the room through the window, your squad mates will occupy the window. It's actually better after they get killed off to do your sniping.
I use the engineer to set up a 57mm/6 Pounder AT gun and when i'm doing this I just tell my squadmates to occupy a position about 50 yards back from where i'm doing my work.
The first couple of days it was just pure melee which I don't like and now I note that squads are starting to pin and flank more. Also got to see from the wrong side how effective a good player can be in a AFV which basically decimated us when trying to seize an objective, staying just outside of our only weapons to defeat them.
I'm not sure what faction you are playing, but as the americans, I've noticed the Germans are getting really good at defending the D-Day invasion by occupying the heights on both sides of the map and killing the american forces in the crossfire as they try to get the points.

I have a healthy respect for the MG42.

Back