• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Next AirNav course

BANC 0405 starts in november and 0501 in Jan as far as i understand

The info is for my roomie.  He passes ACS and got his air factor changed.  He was told that if he didn't hear anything by 23 Oct then we are supposed to find out whats going on with his file.  Problem is, he doesn't have any idea who to contact (he's a OT from army).  Any ideas?  Our COC was hoping he knew who to contact.

I'm sure there's a CFANS DIN site, check the 17 Wing site, and call the chief clerk. If he's OT, then he's still in and doing OJT somewhere, most likely with access to the DWAN.

Cheers

In response to a previous post, celestial nav is no longer taught at CFANS and the equipment has been removed from the CT-142.  There is a nice plaque and sextant in the school display case comemorating the last celestial nav flight.

In response to a previous post, celestial nav is no longer taught at CFANS and the equipment has been removed from the CT-142.   There is a nice plaque and sextant in the school display case comemorating the last celestial nav flight

So what are you guys going to do if the enemy whips out a nice little GPS jammer?

http://www.phrack.org/show.php?p=60&a=13

Actually, we don't rely on GPS as much as you would like to believe. It's mostly TACAN, VOR, sometimes INS, and Radar vectors that we use to navigate, as well as something called a "map". So, jam away, it won't stop me from getting to where I'm going.

Ah ok. I figured that you guys were almost totally dependant on GPS these days. There goes my plan for world domination :(  ;D

Yup...a map and a window to look out of !!!  But a fully functioning APS -504 sure helps......Unless the instructors take away my doppler and i have to resort to tried and tested Jepp !!!

The next Nav courses are as follows.

0501 - Jan 05
0502 - May 05
0504 - August 05
0505 - October 05
0506 - Dec 05

As for the course, try studying "From the Ground Up" before you go it will help.  The shacks in Winnipeg are not too bad, but you can always buy a house, rent or live in a Q.  Any other Nav questions just ask. :cdn:

Well, I am sure that a good majority of the questions on this forum have been answered; but, if there are any questions please feel free to ask them.  I am on the Nav course right now.  Other than that I don't know what to say.

Sorry i put down some wrong course numbers before.

0407 - Jan 05
0502 - May 05
0503- August 05
0504 - Oct 05
0505 - Dec 05

Any more Nav questions just ask. :cdn:

Thread revival day...

Celestial Navigation is no longer taught at CFANS, but it is still required of our CC-115 Navigators.  The Buffalo does not have an INS and therefore lacks a non-magnetic compass source - as back-up.  A large part of the conversion course for Buff navs is the use of the sextant and determining grid headings while flying in the arctic.

Pieman said:
So what are you guys going to do if the enemy whips out a nice little GPS jammer?

http://www.phrack.org/show.php?p=60&a=13

Do what the USAF does: drop a PGM on the jammer. Shuts down the Jammer and "politely" dissuades the individuals from jamming again.

Seriously, it is a concern but more for weapon systems that depend on them than aircraft. Aircrew are trained to navigate the old fashioned way, like Inch mentioned, and modern aircraft usually also have a doppler nav system or INS as well.

Sam

Back