• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"No Mk III boots left in the system," they said.

GreenMarine said:
I'm a Storesmans working in depot we have the stuff at our end,

In sizes "too big" and "too small"? There's probably a reason you have them in depot. The CF bought 1,000 of every size, instead of more in the common sizes.

PuckChaser said:
In sizes "too big" and "too small"? There's probably a reason you have them in depot. The CF bought 1,000 of every size, instead of more in the common sizes.

No.

In fact, the CAF has information on sizes that is used to inform the acquisition of clothing & footwear.  However, the data is old; there's an ongoing effort to get more up to date information so the inventories acquired will more closely mirror the sizes and shapes of today's CAF.

dapaterson said:
No.

In fact, the CAF has information on sizes that is used to inform the acquisition of clothing & footwear.  However, the data is old; there's an ongoing effort to get more up to date information so the inventories acquired will more closely mirror the sizes and shapes of today's CAF.

So tent size shirts and pants with waists larger than the inseam?

'Bout time >:D

recceguy said:

Not unless you're still skewing the averages ;)

Bzzliteyr said:
You work in supply and you call the new "boots, general purpose" the Mk4?

Yes Yes I do I'm wear a Pair of them now, If I was told wrongly I do apologize. However the Topic is on MK 3's and I'm still waiting on a stock code so I could confirm and answer the question of this thread.  :waiting:

Instead of the thread going on how we have 1000's of sizes for dozen or so types of boots and never have enough to satisfy the common sized man.  :deadhorse:

Sorry if I sounded off like a mod but I am a subject matter expert on the matter, and will take responsibility for what I have (some) control over being handling and storage of defence materials (incl, clothing.)

:dontfeedmods:

GreenMarine said:
Sorry if I sounded off like a mod but I am a subject matter expert on the matter, and will take responsibility for what I have (some) control over being handling and storage of defence materials (incl, clothing.)

Cue Vern.

GreenMarine said:
Yes Yes I do I'm wear a Pair of them now, If I was told wrongly I do apologize. However the Topic is on MK 3's and I'm still waiting on a stock code so I could confirm and answer the question of this thread.  :waiting:

Instead of the thread going on how we have 1000's of sizes for dozen or so types of boots and never have enough to satisfy the common sized man.  :deadhorse:

Tip from an armour crewman (not a supply SME):

1. unlace your boot
2. pull tongue of boot forward
3. look at description of boot on tag

If it says Mk4 then I am very mistaken but I suspect it won't.  Please let me know.

;D
recceguy said:

'Bout time >:D
;D good one......I was about to say something similar.

Bzzliteyr said:
Tip from an armour crewman (not a supply SME):

1. unlace your boot
2. pull tongue of boot forward
3. look at description of boot on tag

If it says Mk4 then I am very mistaken but I suspect it won't.  Please let me know.

Mine were inked in so no tag, however to settle this side bar for those with din access http://dgmssc.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/DTICS/SITE/CGCS_Details_e.asp?NSN=843020A035157 granted these use a local purchase stock code they are in the system.

and for the Grand finally.

http://dgmssc.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/DTICS/SITE/CGCS_Details_e.asp?NSN=8430218724291 to http://dgmssc.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/DTICS/SITE/CGCS_Details_e.asp?NSN=8430218724327

And doing a basic computer check followed by a physical check... we have Boots, Combat (MARK III;CANADIAN FORCES; LEATHER; BLACK; HIGH; LACE FASTENING;SIZE 4-1/2-5D to 13-13-1/2F)

There's 36 size and we're holding stock in 27 sizes, and 9 sizes mostly between size 8 1/2 to 11 having the Zeros.

Hope this answers tje question.

GreenMarine said:
Mine were inked in so no tag, however to settle this side bar for those with din access http://dgmssc.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/DTICS/SITE/CGCS_Details_e.asp?NSN=843020A035157 granted these use a local purchase stock code they are in the system.

and for the Grand finally.

http://dgmssc.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/DTICS/SITE/CGCS_Details_e.asp?NSN=8430218724291 to http://dgmssc.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/DTICS/SITE/CGCS_Details_e.asp?NSN=8430218724327

And doing a basic computer check followed by a physical check... we have Boots, Combat (MARK III;CANADIAN FORCES; LEATHER; BLACK; HIGH; LACE FASTENING;SIZE 4-1/2-5D to 13-13-1/2F)

There's 36 size and we're holding stock in 27 sizes, and 9 sizes mostly between size 8 1/2 to 11 having the Zeros.

Hope this answers tje question.

Did you skip over the "STATUS:  Item is "Cancelled-Duplicate" (Converted)"?

So tell me again you stock MkIV boots?

*edited for fatigue*

Bzzliteyr said:
Did you skip over the "STATUS:  Item is "Cancelled-Duplicate" (Converted)"?

So tell me again you stock MkIV boots?

*edited for fatigue*

It was a duplicate NSN which happens.  If you look at the dates of when the two NSNs (click on the other NSN in the CGCS) were entered, they are only seperated by a week or so.  The system considered them MKIV boots and just updated the CGCS with more detail leaving out the MkIV bit.  Regardless of what you want to call them I remember them being called MkIV.  I remember bemoaning the loss of my beloved MKIIIs while reciepting some of these boots while doing some OJT in Winnipeg.  What I don't remember nor do I care really is if we still have them or call them MkIV as they were Shyte.

Back