• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

No papers anymore? CFRC Toronto, or all of them in general?

Magravan

Inactive
Reaction score
I got my job offer around mid-November, and I haven't received a single piece of paper regarding it. Except for hand copied notes that I took from the phone call, I have nothing. Now, I am grateful for all the help and information available at army.ca, but shouldn't I be receiving something official? I mean, outside of this place, I'd have no idea about the joining instructions...

Other candidates are telling me about how they have this or that to do in order to prepare, and I'm sitting there going "I didn't read anything about that... What's going on?" They are looking at their offers and finding out specific dates, and I'm going "Well, I know when IAP ends at least..."

I was told by the recruiter that I would not receive anything until I was heading out to St Jean, but then I am reading things in the Joining Instructions (which, according to some, doesn't give all the information that you need to know for the Security Clearance) and seeing a whole huge list of things that I need to know to bring beforehand.

If not for Army.ca, I'd be dead in the water. Completely unprepared and totally oblivious. Is this the way that it is in general these days? Is it just CFRC Toronto, that maybe has to process too many applications so that they cannot provide the paperwork or the information? Or is it just specific to me?

The first time I joined the army I didn't get anything until the day I swore in.  At that point I was given my first set of orders which contains everything you need to know, dates, course serial, etc.  You'll also get your leave pass, and assorted other goodies.

Now, note that I want to worry you, but this time they've given me all of that in advance.  Maybe ask your CFRC if you will be getting your orders at your swearing in.  Perhaps you could ask if you could get the orders in advance.

The person handling my file sent me a folder with two sets of joining instructions, the security clearance form, a NOK form and a Death Benefits Plan form, along with a letter of congratulations, and various information packets such as CDC Banking.  I had this 3 days after I accepted my offer.  On the day of my swearing in I am to hand in all 3 forms and I will then receive the remainder of the information I need to get me to BMQ.

I would call up the recruiting center and ask to see what is up but the only thing I can think of is that maybe your swearing in date and your BMQ date are far enough apart that it is not going to be an issue if you receive all your forms/information on the day you swear in?

ps. Sorry for any possible incoherence, operating on 2 hours sleep.

It is a potential? I might have misunderstood him saying that I would get the papers at the swearing in, thinking he was referring to the day that I left... And I swear in on Tuesday, so by the time I get ahold of them and they call me back, I'll already have sworn in  >:D

I was just looking at the Birth Certificate and such of my family members (originals), which I sure can't take to Basic with me, because they are going to need them, themselves. Things like that, which I will need to bring to the CFRC for verification...

Mithras said:
The person handling my file sent me a folder with two sets of joining instructions, the security clearance form, a NOK form and a Death Benefits Plan form, along with a letter of congratulations, and various information packets such as CDC Banking.  I had this 3 days after I accepted my offer.  On the day of my swearing in I am to hand in all 3 forms and I will then receive the remainder of the information I need to get me to BMQ.

I got the exact same package. I'd say call up the CFRC and see whats up.

If you are really in a quick rush to get your joining instructions you can just download them off the CFLRS website, I assume that's where you are going. Those are probably the more important thing to be looking at because it has a big list of stuff to bring (everything from what kind of shampoo to your university transcript). The only other thing I got from CFRC was a PEN form to fill out (takes about 1 min to do) and the security form, again, that one was fairly quick to fill out in my case.

But, like everyone else said, when in doubt call them up. That's what they are there for.

I hope that helps.

Not particularly... The guy who called me with my offer informed me that I was in some position where they call you up based on need or something... And that I would not be receiving any papers ( I have called and asked him about it) until I am to go. I read the joining instructions, and for things like the Security clearance, it gives a list of things that you should know... And then people who -have- received papers, tell me that there is stuff that the Joining instructions I downloaded don't say.

I will talk to them when I go in, and maybe they'll have better answers than they have over the phone.

Just 2 cd's with small presentations on family services and financial services. No other information except a pay scale and a small pamphlet IIRC.

How recent were you given the offer? I'm wondering if it is a recent change..

I received my offer around March of last year. At which point the recruiting center said I would recieve something in the mail in a few weeks time. Approximatly a month went past until I received CFLRS joining instructions, my death benefits, security clearance, and will paperwork. I also received a letter which detailed instructions for my swearing in ceremony. The day before the ceremony I was to go into the CFRC and complete the paperwork and sign my contract. The next day (mid-June) I was sworn in. I would get on the horn with your recruiter and ask him what has become of your paperwork.

Magravan said:
How recent were you given the offer? I'm wondering if it is a recent change..

I received my offer the last week of November, so after you got yours according to your first post.

I'm in the same boat as you Magravan.  I am getting sworn in this Wednesday, and I was told that I will be  receiving all of my paper work thereafter.  As for the security clearance and other info, if you read the instructions it says only if you haven't provided your recruiting center with the information already...which I am sure you did when you applied.  No big worries there.

Good luck tomorrow!

windsorftw said:
As for the security clearance ... if you read the instructions it says only if you haven't provided your recruiting center with the information already...

You may need a second security clearance if you need a level higher then the basic reliability check. Everybody I swore in with today needs to bring their security clearance form to BMQ with them. (A second form, not the first one done with the application)

Back