• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NOAB RESUME

SHWGDY

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this site, so i hope my question is in the appropriate area...my apologies if it is not.

It pertains to the NOAB-i realize this subject had been beaten to death on this website but i have yet to find the answer i am looking for.

I have been asked to prepare a resume before i head to the NOAB (DEO-MARS) i was given the basic outline of it.  However, as a recent University graduate with no prior military experience, i am in need of some structural assistance.  Part of what is to be included (or atleast what i was told in a brief message left on my phone) in this resume is military experience; Obviously i have non to date so i assume i will leave this portion blank.  And thus, my problem/question/concern is that my resume will look very similar to the one i already have and use in my civilian life.  Will this be held against me?

Thanks in advance,
ss

It would be a good idea to elaborate on each of your jobs with specifics about how your role pertained to leadership. Extra curricular activities as well.

I hope that this is timely. The best thing to do is complete a CV (Curriculum Vitae) as per normal and include a standard cover letter. It will be used to give the board an idea of who you are before you enter. It is you chance to impress before sitting down with them. Things such as education, employment and hobbies/interest. Ensure that your cover letter and resume are grammatically correct and follow the same format. I would recommend 1 inch all round margin as per military writing and 12pt Times New Roman font. First impression is key here.

Cheers,

Steve

Back