• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Not meeting physical requirments

Jschamber said:
What do you guys think about heading into the forces while I barely meet the physical fitness requirements?

I want to get into shape, but where I live, I find it hard to get the motivation to keep working out on a daily basis.  I live in a small town, ~300 people, and I live an hour away from any city or large town. I have my license yet, but no vehicle, so I can't drive myself there.

I was thinking, if I do a bit of exercise, as I still have a while before I even get in, but go in with doing what I can, then working my *** off while I am there. I know this will put extra stress on me, and, I might be underestimating basic training, but I think I can handle they bit of extra stress.

I just want your guy's opinion on the matter.

Do your 2.4 up to 5km run. Even its just running around your block three times per week.
Do your hand grips three times per week.
do the min push ups for your age three times per week.
do the min sit ups for your age three times per week.
run up and down two stairs on a constant basic for 15 min per day.
Do all these for a min of three mths before trying to get in. The application process is like 8 mths long.

Those will get you close to min required. If you can't get those done, then don't waste the CF time, $$ and effect.

Back