• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Nova Scotian Public Ranges

Seamus449

Inactive
Reaction score
After completeing BMQ this past summer I developed an interest in shooting. The range days on BMQ were fun but my scores were not particularly good. This has prompted me to try and improve my C7 proficiency, so I had my dad's .22 professionally cleaned and the man who cleaned it was a former member of my unit and said a solid stock .22 is an excellent way to practice C7 shooting. I called the municipality and I know of a public range open a couple days throughout the week in the HRM. I also found some information on the Atlantic Marksmen Association as well as the Nova Scotia Rifle Association. They both look like associations of already skills shooters whereas I'm looking for a group geared atleast partially towards new shooters. Any links or information would be appreciated, thanks!

- James C.

Hi there. I have dabbled in service rifle in Nova Scotia but most of my shooting consists of IPSC.
I do have contacts in the realm of service rifle in Nova Scotia and can put u in contact with them if no one else  replies to this post.
They may be members of this board, and I suspect they are. Where are u located?
Near metro Halifax/Dartmouth?
AG.

You could do worse than dealing with the NS Rifle Association.
While there are a large number of experienced shooters there.... they all had to start somewhere. They are the best ones to point you in the right direction.... and these experienced shooters may be the ones that take you under their wing and turn you around.....

Give em a call......

Chimo!

I live in Sackville, so I could quite easily get to any of the ranges in the area. I think I may just have to give the NSRA a call and see what they have planned for the winter. Thanks guys!

If you live in Sackville, then Bedford Rifle Range and Bull Meadow Rifle Range are close.

The NSRA's site can be viewed at:

http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/nsrifle/

This association has many sections including:
  • Hand Gun
  • Service Conditions (C7/AR-15 & Precision Rifle)
  • Target Rifle
  • Hunting / Open Rifle
  • Small Bore

Back