• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Now available: French

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Thanks to George, you can now change the "native" board language to French, simply by editing your profile. (See the "Preferred Language" dropdown list). Up 'til now I'd assumed it was already available... Thanks George!

Note that selecing an alternate language will change all the built-in board messages, but (of course) won't change posts, news items, Wiki pages etc.

À tout à l'heure
Mike

It's really weird to see it.  Some of the things in the profil are still in English to.

Citation  :) :

Unit:
MOC:
Mil Exp:

Add: just playing with the thing.

fil de discussion  :D !!! Anyone know the french for thread or post ?

I've tried Spanish, but no luck...

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.

The date is almost in french : Mars 03, 2008 :).

Ah, yeah those are fields I added... So they don't pull from any translation file, they just print directly. I'll add that to my to-do list. :) Spanish might work OK now.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Spanish might work OK now.

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.

Not at the moment. It might take a few minutes to kick in...

Add:
When I left it to spanish, the board when a bit weird on me... "Image not found" for the "new" tag.

Ok, I'm lost what is "Journalisée" ? Just a sec... (HA! Logged :) )

Still no french dictionnary, to, for the "vérification orthographique", it proposes change for "Bonjour". First offer was Banjo  :D

:'( There is no more "male"  in this web site, they all have been transform into "Homme"

yrys:  Post in french is "article" is you are talking about the message.. but "publié" if you are talking about the action of posting. For thread, i'm not sure but i think is should be "fil de discussion" or "sujet".

TheWildOne said:
yrys:  Post in french is "article" is you are talking about the message.. but "publié" if you are talking about the action of posting. For thread, i'm not sure but i think is should be "fil de discussion" or "sujet".

Actually, the action to post is publier, if you only put an é, that puts in the past tense like: J'ai publié.

Cheers

But speaking of  "a post", each answer in a thread as "publié" seems ... foreign  :)

Actually, a post would be: Une publication, or, to be a bit less elaborate, it can be: Message.

Here's what vBulletin® uses for Eng- Fra.

THREAD= DISCUSSION
POST = MESSAGE

Back