• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Obtaining a doctor's note before having your medical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcset

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just wondering in general if this was an advisable thing to do.  My understanding is that if the medical officer conducting the medical finds something that requires more information, they might ask you to get a note from your doctor, or to have them fill out some sort of a form.  Would it help the process if you were to bring in a note beforehand, or would that be pointless since the medical officer has their own form that needs to be filled out, or requires the letter to be written in such a way?  Similar threads asked about bringing in a note because of their specific condition; I was just wondering in general.

Unless your GP/Family doctor is also an MO on the side they wouldn't have the slightest idea of what information the CAF requires, if you have a particular condition that requires further explanation/details.  Therefore, getting a note beforehand is rather pointless, and maybe an unnecessary cost since some doctors charge extra for such things.

Thanks a bunch for the response, that's exactly the type of answer I was looking for.  Feel free to lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back