• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer Cadet Pay On the Rise?

Guess you where asleep during the briefing, pay is effective Apr 2007 but the back pay won't be seen until Mar 2008

BTW check out my post for the pdf link to the new pay tables.

EDITED TO FIX SPELLING

The NFLD Grinch said:
Guess you where asleep during the breifing, pay is effective Apr 2007 but the back pay won't be seen until Mar 2008

BTW check out my post for the pdf link to the new pay tables

You were sitting next to me, you could have seen I was looking out the window  ;D

You guys all realize though that with that pay raise, the R&Q is goinup (for those ROTP at RMC) so the take-home is going to remain the same as it's been for the past 10 yrs, right?  ;D

BF -- I'd have felt sorry for your expenses, except that you included the sword, which really is a nice-to-have, and not a must-have.  However, I do understand that you will be facing the cost of framing (3x if an engineer, 2x otherwise), association expences (not a must-have but a really-nice-to-have), and the grad weekend expenses, which can get VERY expensive if you have a big family.  All of this will add up quickly and I wouldn't be surprised if you find yourself more than a few thousand in debt after that weekend.

What always amazed me at RMC is the fact that you take more home in 1st year than in 4th year... Despite the fact that your gross salary is bigger...

Well, when a set of frames with matting costs $300 and tickets for the ball are somewhere around $25/ it's no small wonder.

Strike said:
Well, when a set of frames with matting costs $300 and tickets for the ball are somewhere around $25/ it's no small wonder.

Frames? Matting? Association Expenses?

This may sound like a question a stupid second year would ask (wait a minute...), but what are these for and why are they so expensive?

Because your degree and commissioning scroll are odd sizes and it's near impossible to find off the shelf frames that fit.  RMC offers custom made frames for these two docs.

Back