• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer Occupations with a BSc in Biology

jzheng94

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently in university majoring in Biology and will be graduating in June 2016. The two questions I pose are as follow:

1. What trades do I qualify for holding a BSc in Biology?
2. When is the earliest I can apply to the Forces as a Direct Entry Officer? I've read on the forums it's a year before that or something? I just want to clarify as I don't want to waste time after I graduate.

Thanks!

Good day jzheng94,

You may submit an application to apply as a Direct Entry Officer (DEO) once you begin your final year of your degree.

A BSc in Biology meets the educational requirements for the following Officer Occupations:

-Armour
-Artillery
-Infantry
-Air Combat Systems Officer
-Pilot
-Aerospace Control
-Maritime Surface and Sub-Surface

The following link will take you to the section of our website that has information on all of these occupations: http://www.forces.ca/en/jobexplorer/browsejobs-70

I am in the same scenario as the previous message. I have a BSc and a MSc with major in Biology.
Can be possible to apply for a  Bioscience Officer? This trade wasn't include in the previous response,
Thanks in advance Master Corporal Steven

Good day Cosarb,

For the Bioscience Officer Occupation the ideal education is a Masters degree in human factors or industrial hygiene and there is no minimum work experience required for new graduates within 12 months of graduation. Acceptable education is an Honours Undergraduate Degree in Environmental Sciences, Human Sciences, or Life Sciences with Two years of work experience applying human scientific knowledge or techniques. 

Back