• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer vs. NCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

biby

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a couple questions regarding the different roles of officers and NCM (and I have no background so please excuse my lack of knowlege):
On the canadian forces website it says specialty training is available for for NCM's (sniper, para) but doesn't state anything like this in the officer section. Is this because the officers are not offered this training (because their role is to command)? If I was an officer who really wanted this training would there be any way to recieve it? Overall, are officers less, equal or more capable in weapons skills, training etc than NCM's? (I am talking about direct entry officers as I have an engineering degree.) My goal would be to recieve the most physcial training possible with the eventual aim of pursuing special forces (I know, one step at a time), but I think I would also enjoy the command side.

Also, as an NCM, how long are you in the forces before you are offered this training (assuming you excel at postings)?
Are any of the 3 infantry regiments more inclined to deliver para and sniper training?

You really, really need to do some reading before all this posting....we are not your babysitters, look it up.

"Overall, are officers less, equal or more capable in weapons skills, training etc than NCM's?"

Well from what I've seen, officers suck at drill.  ;D

And we're done before we go down that road.  Biby, your questions aren't new and the search function can be useful.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back