• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Olympics 2024 (rename from CAN Drone Recce of NZ Soccer Practice)

The ranking of teams in the group stage will be determined as follows:
  1. Points obtained in all group matches (three points for a win, one for a draw, none for a defeat);
  2. Goal difference in all group matches;
  3. Number of goals scored in all group matches;
  4. Points obtained in the matches played between the teams in question;
  5. Goal difference in the matches played between the teams in question;
  6. Number of goals scored in the matches played between the teams in question;
  7. Fair play points in all group matches (only one deduction could be applied to a player in a single match):
    • Yellow card: −1 point;
    • Indirect red card (second yellow card): −3 points;
    • Direct red card: −4 points;
    • Yellow card and direct red card: −5 points;
  8. Drawing of lots.

Thanks! Goals difference should likely make it for them then, if they can win their third game.

Make no mistake, I still want to see Canada win - cleanly.

I can give you a good example.

A 4 man relay race team wins gold and one guy tests positive for performance enhancing drugs.

They get caught. The whole team will suffer the consequences and have their medals revoked. The guy who tested will be punished by getting a ban and sent home. The three others can still continue racing in their other event but the one guy will not.

Same situation here. They are lucky to have been given what they were given.
In that case, there's no way to sever the performance of any member of the team from the completed achievement, which is not the situation if the member had tested positive before the event and there was a chance for an alternate to step in. Time context is relevant.

It’s competitive sport. Your analogy is garbage and you know it.
And it’s cut throat. You’re not there to play “fair”. You’re there to win.

Having said that the rules are rules. But there’s always those that will circumvent them.

never mind the soccer, the bigger scandal is beach volleyball “uniforms.” Now my Hothletes! feed on X will go dark. 😡

I'm at sea, we don't hear much. What happened ?
Just to give you the range of discussion ....
... with this nominee for the "Headline Hall of Fame" from a few months ago IMHO:
Archived here in case the headline gets edited to something less hall-of-fame-worthy.

This is NOT a new thing, though - these go back to 2021, for example ....

As usual some people have to express their Victorian attitudes

Seriously??

"Previously, women's beach volleyball players were forced to wear the bikini bottoms with the International Olympic Committee even mandating how skimpy they were, with official rules stating they could not be more than 7cm on the sides."

Force the men to wear Speedos then.

:rolleyes:

Seriously??

"Previously, women's beach volleyball players were forced to wear the bikini bottoms with the International Olympic Committee even mandating how skimpy they were, with official rules stating they could not be more than 7cm on the sides."

"Won't anyone think of the TV rating though!!!"

Seriously??

Ask the women what they want to wear. This is what they chose.

My wife plays beach VB. She wears short shorts and sports bra. Her choice.

I don't think I have ever seen her play in a bikini.

She only dresses that way for her boyfriend ;)
Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU

Back