• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

only brief or no stints abroad possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blmacdo

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there, thanks for helping a noob out.  I'm 37 (old, I know) and thinking of joining the reg forces.  Since I have a wife and two young kids I'm interested in a position that will require me to go abroad briefly or not at all.  Conversely, a long-term posting allowing me to bring my entire family would be acceptable too.  Any thoughts?  How about postal clerk?  I'm also interested in infantry soldier because I like the specialties but I won't bullspit you, I don't want to go to war when I have a family to take care of.  I'm also old, again.  Any thoughts?  Thanks for your help.

Let's put things this way - a buddy of mine was a postal clerk and he had enough medals to make a Soviet General jealous.

Since you were blunt with us, I'll be blunt back - if you want to be Reg Force and infantry or anything else for that matter and aren't in fact willing/able to deploy somewhere for long periods of time/go to war, think about something different for a career.

MM

Welcome to Army.ca

Did you read the "READ FIRST" thread http://army.ca/forums/threads/115341.0.html stickied in this forum?

Ask a CAF Recruiter is NOT the appropriate forum in which to ask this question.

Did you read the Site Guidelines when you registered?

Your questions have all been asked before. Please do your homework. Take the time, and make the effort, to read through older threads, and use the Search Function. We do not believe in spoonfeeding people, either in the CF or on this Site.

If, after you have made an honest, but unsuccessful, attempt to find the information that you seek, then ask and we will do everything possible to assist.

And, as you read through, you will find answers to questions that you have not even thought about yet.

A lot of people with families go to "war" or on other lengthy deployments. You are not special.

I was fifty-two when I went to Afghanistan the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back