• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ontario Election: New riding and choices.

Retired AF Guy said:
So much for polls saying NDP and PC being neck-to-neck.

In popular vote yes but all polls were predicting a conservative win based on distribution.

OH man.  Kathleen win I sent leading in her riding.  Her seat may mean party status or not.  What does she do if she wins? She can’t step down as an MP.  Interesting.

I think i saw Wynne just lost her riding to the PC party.

As usual, the unionists in my town have once again elected a bunch of candidates not from the governing party. And once again we live another 4 years of political wasteland and gratuitous scorn from Queens Park.

However, I'm happy as a pig in shit that Ford is in it for a very large majority. I hope Trudeau and his incompetent caucus  is paying attention.

Retired AF Guy said:
I'm wondering how PM Trudeau is looking at this win?

One of two ways. And I am guessing.

Worried about that kind of rejection of left wing policies.

Happy to have a foil.  Ford will be the new boogeyman.

Somebody please tell me Laura Kaminker of the NDP fame has thundered in.  That would make my day.

recceguy said:
I think i saw Wynne just lost her riding to the PC party

She’s still leading. By a thousand votes so far give or take.

jollyjacktar said:
Somebody please tell me Laura Kaminker of the NDP fame has thundered in.  That would make my day.

Don't know if that's thundering in, but we won't have to listen to Ms Kaminker's ignorant BS in the legislature at any rate.

Mississauga Centre
44 of 105 polls reporting
24,437 total votes
10,193 Natalia Kusendova - PC
6,462 Laura Kaminker - NDP
6,224 Bobbie Daid - LIB
676 Noah Gould - GRN
552 Alex Pacis - SSE
229 Farouk Giga - LTN
101 Viktor Chornopyskyy - OMP

And this one's dedicated to Kathleen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGytDsqkQY8

Excellent, now she can go back to her rock or wherever she crawled out from under.

jollyjacktar said:
Excellent, now she can go back to her rock or wherever she crawled out from under.

If she wins her seat we won’t see the last of her...

Remius said:
She’s still leading. By a thousand votes so far give or take.

At the moment she's leading with 43 votes and one poll left to report. I smell a recount coming.

:cheers:

Remius said:
And Wynne resigns as liberal leader.

I wasn't gloating at Wynne, l was gloating at the NDP candidate from Mississauga Centre.

Infanteer said:
From the article:

Ford just has to continue to appeal to a base, whereas Horwath needs to get people out to vote and decide that she and her party are their first choice.

Oh man, did I ever call that.  I should be a political pundit....naahhh.

FJAG said:
At the moment she's leading with 43 votes and one poll left to report. I smell a recount coming.

:cheers:

All polls in now and she's re-elected by 181 votes.

:facepalm:

FJAG said:
All polls in now and she's re-elected by 181 votes.

:facepalm:

Is there a statutory requirement for a recount if the margin is below a certain level?

There's a handful of down to the wire ridings.

EDIT: Saw this on Twitter.  25 votes or less and there shall be a recount; bigger margin and a recount may be requested by anyone.

https://twitter.com/KatePorterCBC/status/1004931932403036161

Back