• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OPSEC for spouses

That is fine and dandy.  However, your situation does not seem to be the norm among some newer military spouses.  I can only speak for what I have seen - I am very careful to not repeat anything my husband has shared with me unless a. I am speaking face to face with a person, and that person is usually already aware to an extent of the topic at hand. or b. it's common knowledge.  I have seen, personally, wives/ girlfriends posting things they shouldn't.  Locations, travel dates, mission info etc.

So while you, and perhaps wives of your generation "know better".  Some newer wives (and their husbands) seem to have missed the memo on keeping mum.

Tunny said:
Interesting topic.  Why should any military wife have to be told what they can and cannot post on facebook or tell aunt sally.  The answer is - NOTHING THAT HAS NOT ALREADY BEEN SAID TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC (ie in the news.)  I have been married to the military for the past 24 years (same husband) and have never divulged anything my husband has told me and never asked anything I know he should not be telling me - period.

Well said.

Back