• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OT from Field Artillery to Weapons Technician Land

Str1k3r

Inactive
Reaction score
    I am currently on PAT platoon awaiting SQ here in Gagetown. Unfortunately I am on TCAT for a back injury and after 4 months I'm slowly going insane with these restrictions. I'm want to OT from Field Arty to Weapons Tech but my staff is currently very busy getting some 2Lt's ready for CAP course so I don't have to heart to slap my WO with memos and more paperwork. So I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of how the process of an OT works and how I can increase my eligibility. I know since I'm on TCAT theres a good chance I won't even be considered for an OT but I still appreciate any and all information. Thank You

The only way you can OT while on medical category is if its a mediacal OT.. Get better and then put your paperwork in....

CFAO 49-4 Cool thing about the internet it's all there. Just check it out. Happy reading!

First off, IAW BTAG, you can only do a compulsory occupation rassignment or a voluntary occupation reassignment (COR and VOR), untrained CF members must do one of those two.

Trained members (within their respective MOSID) can do occupational transfers (Voluntary or compulsory).

You must be off TCAT to apply for one. The only way to get a COR is if D MED POL makes a decision once your on PCAT and they decide one of three things
1. Not medically fit military service, release
2. medically Fit military service, not current trade
3. Medically fit current trade, keep going

This decision could take months, so be patient. The Medical category process (TCAT and PCAT) is designed to protect you and not oblige you to do certain military things (IAW with your 2088 MELs), thus allowing you a chance for recovery or further diagnosis by the medical system.

DO NOT hammer your PL staff with unneccessary memos. It only burdens them and puts them in a charming mood.

Hope this helps?

FDO said:
CFAO 49-4 Cool thing about the internet it's all there. Just check it out. Happy reading!

Actually, CFAOs were pulled from the Internet because they are not in the TB-approved "Common Look and Feel".  Apparently widespread dissemination of important information takes second place to proper web formatting.

See: http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/cfa-oaf/index-eng.asp

Back