• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Out on the range!

RossF

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering.. How often do you get to go to the shooting range during the summer BMQ/SQ courses? To be specific, I'll be going to Shilo, Manitoba. I realize that you go through preliminary training without even thinking about shooting.. But after you learn how to operate the C7, how often are you out there on the range?

Any info would be cool... just curiosity knocking at the door once again.

-Ross

While your on your BMQ in Shilo you will go to the ranges once at the end of your BMQ course for your C7 shoot.
During your SQ you will go to to C9 range once, and the gernade range once.

-KaT

Jeeze, and all this time I thought I'd be shooting guns all summer...

On SQ you will fire your C7 only during the FTX..blanks only of course.
the C6 on the other hand was phased out of the SQ in Shilo, most other SQ's as I understand still do teach it.

-KaT

PteKec said:
On SQ you will fire your C7 only during the FTX..blanks only of course.
the C6 on the other hand was phased out of the SQ in Shilo, most other SQ's as I understand still do teach it.

-KaT

Any reason why the C6 was phased out in Shilo?  Seems like people won't be getting the same training as those who do their SQ elsewhere.

A lot of things have been phased out of the SQ in Shilo. I'm not to sure why, I know time was a big factor but there were other reasons I'm sure.
The SQ in Shilo is now only 3 weeks instead of 4. That way there is time to get troops out to other training exercises like SG in Petewawa.

-KaT

Your information is incorrect.

C6 is still taught in Shilo. SQ is still 4 weeks.

I know this because I am currently staff at the School.

Any other questions?

Do you have any idea why the Carl G, and M72 were phased out? Im just curious :p
?

Don't quote me on this, but I had heard somewhere (perhaps on this forum) that they were phased out and put into basic infantry qualification.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember hearing that somewhere.

I believe that the Carl G was phased out as it is being replaced. I'm not sure about the other... Most probably due to the time constraints inherent in a BMQ reserve course.

Huh... i never heard that the Carl G was being replaced... does anyone have any idea of what they are going to use as a substitute?

No, Carl G is not being phased out.  There is a new and lighter version around but I'm not sure if its in the Pres at the moment, at least not at my unit.  The round for the Eryx is apparently being phased out,  (at least thats what we were told this week) but not the sighting system.  Apparently, there is a new round for the Carl G which can penetrate any MBT armour.  Anyone have any info on that?

cheers

hey, I just finished my SQ in Shilo, I enjoyed the FTX! it was fun. Also yep, they teach the C6, C9 and gernade.

Back